• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
1 week 6 days ago #360411

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12 (sadly)
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : wrong web address for update

Hi folks,

I have put an local back up back on my live server.
But today when I tried the update, I got the msg not a valid web address for the update. On further investigation I noticed hikashop showed still my local adress on my local nas testserver.

So I looked for it to change that to my live server, but could not find were to change it? Could you tell me please?
Now I just downloaded the new version and installed it, so I am up to date, but just curious for next time.

Thanks,

Appie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
1 week 5 days ago #360414

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean.
We would need the exact error message.
What is "web address for the update" ?
The update is usually done through the Joomla update manager based on the XML provided by our server which gives the download URL to download the install package from our website. So the "web address for the update" should be a URL with hikashop.com as the domain name, not your old or new domain name.

• Hikashop Essential
1 week 5 days ago #360448

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean.
We would need the exact error message.
What is "web address for the update" ?
The update is usually done through the Joomla update manager based on the XML provided by our server which gives the download URL to download the install package from our website. So the "web address for the update" should be a URL with hikashop.com as the domain name, not your old or new domain name.

Nicolas,
Sorry I was unclear, I will try to explain with some screenshots taken on the local test server , as this is the one I put back on the live server the error is the same.
And yes of course locally it does not work ;)

If I look at the update in joomla I get :
HikaShop Essential - We did not find a licence attached to your website webphp8.synology.me
And the update fails, because Hikashop sees still the local url instead the one with the licence (musicfromhell.nl)

Hope is a bit better explained now???

Thanks for your time

Appie

Attachments:

1 week 5 days ago #360456

Hi,

Which URL are you using to access your backend ?
You need to access the backend with the URL of the license if you want to be able to run the update.
Also, in the configuration.php file of your website, there can be a "live_url" parameter where you can override the URL of the website seen by Joomla (and the updater).
Also, the Joomla updater has cache. So if you just migrated the website from one URL to another, you need to refresh the cache of the updater so that it can ask our server again for the update information. Otherwise, what you see on your screenshot is the cached information which actually doesn't reflect the current situation.

• Hikashop Essential
1 week 1 day ago #360524

Hi Nicolas,

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Which URL are you using to access your backend ?

I am using the URL with the subscription (musicfromhell.nl)

Have attached some screenshots so you can see..
The live site in my config file is blank, and yes I cleaned cache several times, browser cache and joomla cache
If this is something you would like to investigate you can get access to my backend..

But that said its not a big problem for me, I always download an update also for backup reasons, so for now I can do the update that way.
And maybe if I install it manually now, the next update it would be okay again?

Thanks..

Appie

Attachments:

1 week 1 day ago #360528

Hi,

The update URL is normally set during the install/update process.
So yes, if you install the HikaShop install package once, it will update that URL and you should not have that error anymore.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OnslaughtUK

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds