Variant display, Currency Switching & Product Code

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 weeks ago #9870

Hello.
First I will say I'm impressed with Hikashop. It's versatility, integration with Joomla and regular updates have given me the confidence to go from starter, to essential and now to the full Business package. So in general a happy customer. With that said I've recently been having several issues that I've been unable to work through on my own and with limited depth to your docs I'm hoping you can help me.

1- Product Code showing in IE8, Mozilla but not in Chrome. I don't want it to show on the Product Page.

www.opendatetickets.com/index.php?option...2&category_pathway=0

After searching your Forums I saw that you could add the following code into the template.css and did so..

.hikashop_product_code_main{
display:none;
}

This doesn't seem to have worked, is it something to do with using variants as those are the product codes that show? Wondering if you could help.

2- The Currency Switcher module is defaulting to only GBP. It was working perfectly previously, allowing the switch between currencies but now will not. Is this because I'm in the UK? Strange that it was allowing the switch before and now it won’t. All currencies are properly published.

3- My variants are set to add to the product name, but when I change between variants the price changes perfectly but the name of the product title does not update. It stays with the default variant which will be confusing for customers. I've tried to put full product names into the variants and stop the variant being added to the product name but this does not work either. Could you take a look please?

I appreciate any support you can give. It may be that the answers are simple, but I just can work them out.
Many thanks in advance.
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 3 weeks ago #9875

Hi,

1. I recall that some other users had a problem with that. It seems that you have some error in the HTML code somewhere (template ? module ?) and that screws the parsing of the HTML for firefox and IE. The easiest will be to go in the menu Display->Views and edit the file show of the view product. There, you can just remove that code:

<span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main">
<?php
echo $this->element->product_code;
?>
</span>

2. Your currencies "displayed" option need to be On. Is that the case ?

3. There is indeed a problem with the name of the product which is not updated. It might be related to problem 1. Maybe the change in 1 will solve the problem...

13 years 3 weeks ago #9876

Hello. Thanks for the quick reply.

I removed the code as suggested and the product code problem has gone.

It didn't have the desired effect on either the currency switcher or on the variant being added to the product name changing/being displayed at all in the case of ..

The currency 'displayed' options are enabled (as I said it used to work. I've attached the currency displayed screen to show this.
Would this have anything to do with going from Essential to Business at the end of Feb?
I also took out all of the description code in the product and that didn't solve either of the Product name issues.

Is there anything else I can do?

Attachments:

13 years 3 weeks ago #9879

Normally, inside the h2 tag of the product name/code, you should have the name with a span around. However, if I look with firebug (a debug addon for firefox) I don't see the span... I'm really puzzled by that problem.

Same for the currencies. I don't understand the problem.

Could you give us an FTP and a back end access to your website so that we can look at the problem tomorrow ?

13 years 3 weeks ago #9880

I'm happy to give you guys access. Is there a particular email to send the details to?

13 years 3 weeks ago #9882

You can use our contact form: www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html

13 years 3 weeks ago #9884

I've sent the details as requested.
Thanks.

13 years 3 weeks ago #9963

Can i confirm that you received my details?
Cheers, Colin

13 years 3 weeks ago #9967

Hi,

We received your details. We are going to look at that later on today. Sorry for the delay.

13 years 3 weeks ago #9978

...have some additional information I just noticed. In one of the products

I changed the name slightly taking out brackets that were at the end fixing a minor typo. I noticed that the product when viewed is still showing the same (old) product name with the typo. It hasn't updated.
I use the standard Joomla Cache, but did make sure it was empty, refreshed the product page, waited till the session was over and still the product name remained with vv at the end instead of v.v

This may be nothing to do with the issues over currency switching, variants not showing in the name or switching when different variants asre choosen, but I wanted to report anything unusual in case it was related.

Many Thanks

13 years 3 weeks ago #9988

Concerning the currency switcher, the problem comes from a conflict between the geolocation default currency selector and the currency switcher module. I fixed the code of the geolocation plugin and now it's working properly.

Concerning the name switching, it comes from a bug in your template javascript ( rocket team with gantry ) which rewrite the HTML inside h2 tags and break the span inside. In order to circumvent the problem, I've changed the code displaying the product name to this:
<h2 id="hikashop_product_name_main" class="hikashop_product_name_main">
<?php
echo $this->element->product_name;
?>
</h2>

The fact that the CSS for the product code didn't work was also caused by the same bug in your template javascript.

13 years 3 weeks ago #9991

Thanks! Appreciate the excellent support.

One question, would your adjustments be overwritten at the next update? I'll know to watch out for them if they will....

13 years 3 weeks ago #9992

The fix in the geolocation plugin will be included in next release and the code change for the product name has been done via the menu Display->Views so you won't loose it when you update.

13 years 3 weeks ago #9994

That's great, and again many thanks.

13 years 2 weeks ago #10374

Hello.

I am having a similar problem with the variant display. I have managed to fix it on the product page title, but when I add to cart it only adds the default name and not a customer have selected... My website is fwauk.com/tshirts and the issue is with the size varient.

Thanks!

13 years 2 weeks ago #10386

Your error is different. It seems that you specified a name in the variants of your product, is that the case ?
What change did you make?

13 years 2 weeks ago #10524

Hi Nicholas. I made the change that you talk about above which fixed the fact that the Title of the procuct wasn't changing, but it did not fix the adding to cart issue, where not matter what I select in the varient field, only the default is added to the cart.

In an attept to fix the adding to card issue I named all of the varients but that also didn't fix it...

Thanks Nicholas. Really apprieciate your help!

13 years 2 weeks ago #10549

From what I can see, the good variant of the product is added to the cart (looking at the product id) but the system isn't able to load the variant name as it should...

Could you give us a back end access and FTP so that we can look at the problem and see if there really is a bug and if so correct it ?

13 years 2 weeks ago #10617

The problem came from the fact that you customized the "show" file of the view "product" and that after you updated, you didn't get the modifications to the add to cart button preventing it from functioning correctly. I changed it and it works now.

12 years 11 months ago #14064

I am getting a problem whereby the geolocation just doesn't seem to work at all- I'm using a template based on RocketTheme Gantry as well.
I'm wondering if it's the same cause as the issue above, and if the fix is now in the latest hikashop build?

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds