reflection about facebook and e-commerce

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #19183

few weeks ago i was thinking about in facebook and e-commerce .... and i think in facebook could develop some app shopping cart ecommerce free and i think in all user can be setup your owns shops free that would be a hard punch for all e-commerce web company ( hikashop , virtualmart , ect , ect ).

and today i found this service : www.palbin.com/es/index

they have a app for facebook very impressive here the example : www.facebook.com/palbin.crear.tienda.online

this app can create a shop ecommerce in profile facebook check the link.

perhaps hika team can make someting like that for hikashop ;) in the plug facebook

sorry my english :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #19201

That would be great indeed.
But that's just their website enclosed in an iframe in facebook. They use the canvas system of facebook to do that: developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/canvas/

You could already do the same with HikaShop on your website. The only problem is the width of your website as the canvas system limits the width of the page you can display in it. But that's a joomla template problem...

12 years 9 months ago #19261

canvas ? mmmm
i search about that thanks nicolas

12 years 8 months ago #21313

Hi Nicolas on the subject of facebook app.

Please check this example www.facebook.com/BeeShopyMagento?sk=app_184367687735

And here's the developers site for more info www.beetailer.com/pages/features

This will be fantastic for Hikashop, great selling feature. BTW Nicolas you guys are doing a great job, many thanks for your hard work.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 8 months ago #21327

Thank you for the links.
It's actually the same method they use with the canvas function of facebook which enables you to display a page or a website in the main zone of facebook.
You might want to try that: www.pagemodo.com/blog/iframes-pagemodo-users-create-iframe-tabs

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

• bluetongue1
10 years 7 months ago #118481

I am all for Hikashop adding a facebook store plug in. I have only begun with Hikashop but already have a second client I will be purchasing the Business version for and a store for his FB without the need to use another 3rd party particularly with the added cost they charge would be great.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds