HikaShop not on the JED, why ?

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #19580

Since yesterday, HikaShop has been removed from the Joomla Extension Directory by the JED team. We already had users contacting us in private to ask us why. So I decided to publish this message in order to explain the situation to anyone who would be interested in understanding the situation.

We had been removed once, from the beginning of may to the beginning of june 2011, because the description of HikaShop on the JED had some features related to the commercial editions which is not allowed. We acknowledged that and quickly corrected the description. We thought that the problem was solved and that everything was now OK and made sure that any modification of the description didn't not include any information of the commercial editions.
We discovered that yesterday we had been removed again, and were really surprised.

Here is the new reason invoked by the JED:
"It is the JED's policy not to link to sites that include non-GPL Joomla extensions. You must remove the non-GPL versions from the linked site and no mention of them can be on your site."

We're really surprised that the JED team decided to do that. Other famous extensions like Community Builder, Sobi, Zoo or Acajoom have the exact same business model than us: One free and GPL extension and other commercial extensions available on their website.

We contacted the JED team explaining that we want to play by the rules and we are sorry for any misunderstanding we might have brought. That was not our intent, etc.

We didn't had any answer from them yet but keep reassured that we don't want to stop developing HikaShop and we will continue our work and support our users and customers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 9 months ago #19581

Sorry to hear this. Hope this gets cleared up. Been using VM and thought I would give Hikashop a try on our next project. Not sure what to do.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #19582

I think it was a bad move on JED, why prevent their users from viewing and trying out all the shopping carts that have been made for Joomla! Glad to hear that HikaShop support and updates will continue, hopefully soon JED will come to there senses and stop listing VM as a editors pick and HikaShop in it's place! Keep up the great work team. I for one don't plan on using any inferior cart in the JED listing. I found the one I will be using and showing my support. Thanks again for all the help Nicolas, HikaShop FTW!

12 years 9 months ago #19583

Thank you for your support. We're planning a big release tomorrow as we speak with a new demo website as well :)

• Thank you received: 17
12 years 9 months ago #20005

Interesting that JED reject Hikashop on the list because of this, yet the banners at the top of all their pages have adverts for paid only commerce carts et al.

The free version of hika shop is a fully functioning shop, why shouldnt there be some paid versions, you can still run a free one if you want.

I have used V** , R**, E** and found none of them touch hikashop currently and seem to struggle to keep up with it. Keep up the good work guys.

Silly silly JED people.

12 years 9 months ago #20055

I agree with "dan c." and all of you.
Maybe they are afraid because hikashop is becomming one of the best if not the best joomla shopping cart. :)

Just continue great job, Nicolas. I think the support you have almost nobody has.
That's also one of the reason you are the best. (I am learning from you. :) )

Best.

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by vasjaf.

• Thank you received: 35
12 years 9 months ago #20176

Hi nicolas,

Do you have any news from JED ?!?

12 years 9 months ago #20177

No. They still didn't reply to us.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Essential
12 years 8 months ago #20261

What can you say, JED = Jobsworth Employing Discretion (Not!) :( Hope it gets resolved real soon... Or I think an online petition coming on, anyway keep up the good work and hope it all gets sorted.

12 years 8 months ago #20535

ça va vous causer pas mal de tort , j’espère que ça va s'arranger vite

12 years 8 months ago #20543

Nous l'espérons aussi.

12 years 8 months ago #20654

Hope this get's sorted for you guys soon :dry:

For the record: Hikashop is awsome.

Create your own style of luxury bespoke furniture online

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 8 months ago #21007

Surely Hikashop starter should be allowed to be listed on JED. Not essential and business due to the licenses used and fees charged. There are plenty of other joomla extensions that use a similar business model and licensing structure. It is totally senseless to have a separate site for the free version and another for the paid version. The starter version is fully functioning and there no obligation to buy the other versions. If JED persists with this policy then most other extensions, modules and plugins should be removed from the JED. There are hundreds on there that offer a free version and paid version. Anyone care to list them....

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by jameswadsworth.

12 years 8 months ago #21109

Keep moving forward!! you guys have done a great job with this marvelous tool.

Thanks!!

Sam

12 years 8 months ago #21110

Thank you for your support. It's been three weeks now and didn't got an answer from the JED team yet.

12 years 8 months ago #21112

Unbelievable!! I just keep moving there is not any other way!!one question, I'm trying to upload hika to my site and it gave me this message " Error building Admin Menus
Component Install: DB function reports no errors
Error installing component" is this because the issues you guys have with JED? or what am I doing wrong?

Sam

12 years 8 months ago #21115

Thank you for your support but please don't post support questions on that thread. That error is a common installation error on joomla 1.6 because of the way the uninstall is done by joomla : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/3-bug-...mins-menu.html#13035

12 years 8 months ago #21117

sorry!!

12 years 8 months ago #21180

I've been very satisfied with Hikashop and will continue to support you guys and spread the word even if Joomla doesn't add you to their directory!

Keep up the great work!

• Thank you received: 10
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 8 months ago #22133

Hika is very nice & fast application
good work hika

Hika bien et rapide
beau travail

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds