Shopping Cart (module) generating too many links

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #25685

Hi Nicolas
I use AceSEF and HikaShop generates too much links.
I found out that Shopping Cart (module) for example generates a link depending where you are.
For example if you are in www.site.com/article , when you click the price link of Shopping Cart Module you get www.site.com/article/checkout
Let say if you are in www.site.com/about_company , when you click the price link of Shopping Cart Module you get in www.site.com/about_company/checkout

Is it possible to do so that wherever you are when you click the cart link you get www.site.com/checkout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 7 months ago #25687

Hi,

Yes, that's possible. You need to set the option "force menu on checkout" of the config so that from wherever you come, you're always redirected to the same URL.

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 4 months ago #33135

"Is it possible to do so that wherever you are when you click the cart link you get www.site.com/checkout "

Hi,

I found this answer that partially answers my question. I wonder if it's possible to link to www.site2.com/checkout , i.o.w. redirect to a second URL?

B.R.
Michel Pouli

12 years 4 months ago #33161

No that's not possible without the redirect.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 4 months ago #33164

Hi Nocolas,

Thanks. But what do you mean by that? That it is possible with a redirect? Where to make this redirect?

Michel.

12 years 4 months ago #33167

It's it's possible with a redirect as I explained above.
First, you will have to create a hikashop checkout link in the joomla menu manager. So you will be able to have the URL www.site.com/checkout
Then, you can set the id of that menu in the option "force menu on checkout" of the config so that the checkout uses that URL.

I see that you're you're talking about a site2.com ? Do you mean that you would like to have the cart copied from one website to another ? If so, that's not possible.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 4 months ago #33177

Well, not exactly copied, but I want to use the Plug-in "Joomla Multi Sites" and share the Hikashop between two or three different slave sites (the sharing of Hikashop is possible in this plug-in). But the checkout has to be through one SSL mastersite. That means I have to redirect on Checkout from http://www.slavesite_a.com to www.mastersite.com .

12 years 4 months ago #33202

So the question should be asked to JMS :)
If the hikashop tables are common to all your websites, then yes, you will have the same cart on all websites and you should just put a link to go to the master website. But I don't know how JMS has done the integration with HikaShop so I can't tell you for sure.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds