How do you Generate a Tax (VAT) Collect Report

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 months ago #35376

This is a pre-sales question. I am almost ready to purchase HikaShop Business but before I do that I need to know how to create an order detail report or a tax (VAT) collected report. We collect sales tax on shipping and product except our magazine for three states, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Ohio. I need be able to provide my accountant monthly tax report or a detail order report showing product taxes and shipping taxes paid so that we can pay the states. Is this capability available in HikaShop?

Thank you,

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 2 months ago #35407

Hi,

There is a sales export system in HikaShop which will give you a CSV of all the information of the orders.
However, the taxes total for each order is generated dynamically by summing up the different tax information of the order so you will either have to sum that manually or modify a bit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php
There is not much to do. Actually, I've done it so that it will be in next version.
You can replace the code:
foreach($products as $product){
$order =& $rows[$product->order_id];
$order->products[] = $product;
}

by:
foreach($products as $product){
$order =& $rows[$product->order_id];
$order->products[] = $product;
if(!isset($order->order_full_tax)){
$order->order_full_tax=0;
}
$order->order_full_tax+=round($product->order_product_quantity*$product->order_product_tax,2);
}
foreach($rows as $k => $row){
$rows[$k]->order_full_tax+=$row->order_shipping_tax-$row->order_discount_tax;
}

in that file and that will add a column for the taxes total of each order.

12 years 2 months ago #35412

Nicolas,

Some follow up questions.

1 Can the export be scheduled?
2 If so I assume it would be via cron or world it require a Joomla module/plugin?
3 Would I still need a Googel Analytics account? Doesn't shown like I do.
4 What would be the modification of the view.htlm.php file need to be to have a column for tax on product and tax on shipping paid?

Thank you,

Paul

12 years 2 months ago #35424

Hi,

1. No, there is no option for that yet.
2. A hikashop plugin using the cron task of hikashop cron would indeed be required for that.
3. I don't see the link with your other questions. You can have a website without GA.
4. The column for the tax on shipping is already in the CSV. For the product tax, you would have to use the same code with:

$rows[$k]->order_full_tax+=-$row->order_discount_tax;
}

instead of:
$rows[$k]->order_full_tax+=$row->order_shipping_tax-$row->order_discount_tax;
}

That way,the order_full_tax column would contain the taxes of the products instead of the total taxes.

12 years 2 months ago #35425

Thank you Nicolas

The question concerning GA is in regard to HikaShop reports. My main reason for reporting right now is just to get the sales tax numbers to the account. We have addressed that with the order export method described here. In tthe future I will have to set up GA to get more detailed site and store reports based on some of the other post and articles I have found here.

Paul

• Hikashop Business
2 weeks 2 days ago #359714

Hello
I have found this topic. But it is very old.
The string administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/order/view.html.php I cannot find in HS 5.0.3.
Can you help me with the right file in a new string?

I want a montly Collect Report with TAX (VAT) and this is the only Subject about it in the Forum.

I have found a plugin to get reports in Joomla, but it looks very difficult for me: alterbrains.com/joomla-extensions-demo/a...eports/sample-report

Thnks anyway!

2 weeks 2 days ago #359716

Hi,

Indeed, the answers here don't apply anymore.
Nowadays, HikaShop comes with tools so that you don't have to modify anything.

In your orders listing, you have a columns button on the top right corner:
i.imgur.com/SlPryez.png
There, below the "Total" column, you have one column per tax rate which you previous configured in the System>Taxes' "Manage rates" button. If you check these tax rate columns, the orders listing will directly display the tax amount for each tax rate, without the need for any customization.
So it's actually similar to the solution talked about above, but even better as the taxes are broken down per tax rate (if you have different tax rates for different products in your shop, it's really useful).

Also, since then, if you click on the "export" button to get a CSV export of the orders data, you'll find an "order_full_taxes" column which will contain the total tax amount for each order.

Finally, we've also revamped the tax rates listing interface. If you go in the System>Taxes menu and click on the "manage rates" button, you'll see a listing of your tax rates. And for each tax rate, you can see the total amount of purchased goods without taxes, the total taxed amount, and the total amount of taxes. And you can use the dates and order statuses filters to restrict this calculations.
This way, you can get the total amounts calculated for you, without having to export the order data and do the calculations yourself.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds