? about Registration Prior to Purchase

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #35702

Hello,

I have a bit of a challenge. I have a client that is selling a gift book, which when given to someone, the person that has received it will register it on the site. That registration process is being done through Community Builder which is all set up. However, when configuring Community Builder, you are supposed to set Joomla Registration to "No" so that all registrations go through CB, which is what I need so someone can register their book.

However, when I do this, no one can go to the shop and purchase a book because it says that registration is not allowed and the client does not want people who purchase the book to have an account created in the CB database, therefore I need the ability to skip this process and just be able to allow people to enter their billing and shipping address and be able to purchase with no registration needed. I tried to remove the login from the checkout workflow but this only showed the way to purchase and did not give the options to enter their billing and shipping address and be able to select a shipping option.

I would really appreciate some assistance with this. You guys have always been so helpful in the past and I truly appreciate it.

Regards,

Cat' :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 2 months ago #35718

Hi,

You should keep the "login" view in your checkout workflow, otherwise, you won't get the address interface, as you already saw.
Instead, you should change the "Registration" option on that same screen to "No registration". That way, HikaShop will display the address form normally and you users will be able to enter their address.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #35725

Thanks for your reply. In the registration field, it states that it's only Avail. in commercial versions. I'm assuming the client will need to purchase either the Essential or Business version, is this correct?

Also, the client would like to know that if they purchase a commercial version, then will they be able to customize the product/fly page, to include previous viewed products and recommended products? I see that I can add related products but not sure if this is the same as recommended.

Thanks,

Cat'

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 2 months ago #35752

Indeed, that would require either the Essential or the Business edition.

For the recommended products, yes that's the related products feature you can use.
For the previously viewed products, we don't have that option for now. I don't think that it would be too complicated to add though. We'll look at adding that in next release as that has already been requested in the past.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds