Limiting Fields Exported- Order Export Function

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 months ago #37556

Currently the order export to csv file dumps everything in the hikashop_user table, the hikashop_product table, and may other table. Is there away to limit the Order Export to buyer name, billing address, shipping address, and the contents of the hikashop_order_product table? I need to send order information to a fulfillment service and the stock order export creates a lot of extra data that the service provide does need to fill and ship the order.

Thank you,

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #37687

You can edit the file "export" of the view "order" of your back end template via the menu Display->Views to change the code so that it only export the columns you need.

12 years 2 months ago #41253

Hi Nicolas,

I am just getting back to this order export question. I need to generate this nightly for my fulfillment service. I understand the concept here but I have no idea where in the export.php I would define the fields I want exported or even how. I am not a developer and I only have a rudimentary understanding of PHP.

This is what I want to export.

Owner	OrderNumber	LineNumber	OrderDate	ShipDate	CustomerPO	ShipToName	ShipToCompany	ShipToAddress1	ShipToAddress2	ShipToCity	ShipToState	ShipToPostalCode	ShipToCountryCode	ShipToEmail	Carrier	Owner	ItemCode	UnitPrice	OrderQuantity	UOM	OrderComment
8A	15A	N7	YYYYMMDD	YYYYMMDD	20A	40A	40A	40A	40A	40A	40A	15A	40A	40A	4A	REMOVED	25A	13.4N	13	3A	256A

I can probably do this if you would tell me where in the code to this and gave me an example of the php.

Thank you,

Paul

12 years 1 month ago #41434

If you want the export to be generated every day, you will have to create a plugin implementing the onCronTrigger event of HikaShop and setup your cron task.
Then, in the plugin you will have to copy/paste the code of the export function of the view.html.php file of the view order and the code of the export view file and adapt that.
I'm sorry but that in itself will require more than basic PHP knowledge as there are a least a hundred lines of code to have in the plugin.

12 years 1 month ago #41457

This is a problem for us as the only other way to send orders to a fulfillment service is via email. Emails don't integrate directly into the service providers system so they will manually enter orders from our cart system into their Warehouse Management System and charge us a fee to do so.

I liike the way HikaShop leverages the core Joomla functions and template however I think you are expecting the site developer/manager to do a lot of work to get HikaShop up and running. I am not very happy right now paying for the full Business Edition of HikaShop only to learn I need to write my on plugin to generate a order export file.

12 years 1 month ago #41462

Please understand that writing such plugin takes time. Several hours/days in order to do it properly. The cost of HikaShop cannot reasonably cover such work, plus the software itself, plus the normal support.
It's also not possible to provide a ready made solution for that directly in HikaShop for all the existing accounting or stock management software as each one I saw handle things differently.

If you want us to do it for you, that can be done as custom work as an extra.

12 years 1 month ago #41593

Nicolas,

I think their may be others that would be interest in a plug-in to this. I don't think I am the only one that want to provide a .csv file to a fulfillment service for the purpose of integrating into their WMS. Would it be possible to pole the community to see who else needs to automate the export of a nightly order file?

12 years 1 month ago #41711

That's sure that others would be interested.
The problem is that each WMS requires a different CSV format. So you can't build a generic auto export which will work with all of them. Otherwise, we would have already done it.
It's a bit like payment platforms. They all have a different way of doing it. Thus, you can't be compatible with all of them, and you need to create one plugin for each one.
Because of that, it gets difficult to share the costs of development.
In that case, it's better to have the plugin done as custom work, either by us or other developers. Then, the plugin can be shared back with the community, either for free or for some money in order to cover the costs on the long term.

12 years 1 month ago #41728

That has not been my experience with the fulfillment services that I am evaluating now. I gave them the stock HikaShop order export csv file with sample orders and they gave me an estimate to integrate that into their WMS. Basically they would take the .csv file and write a processing routine to filter on the fields they needed to pull into their order system. This integration work will done as a one time fee as part of setting up our warehouse.

Maybe we are making this more complicated than it needs to be. I am looking for an automated method to create or trigger the order export .csv file and emailed or FTP it to a fulfillment service. The fulfillment service will then build their own .csv processor to pull the fields they require into their WMS and not HikaShop. Does this make sense?

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by ELHS. Reason: for clarity

12 years 1 month ago #41891

Yes, we're both saying the same thing. Each WMS needs a different format. That's why you want to contract your WMS so that they can import the CSV of HikaShop to their system.

If you just want a plugin to trigger a CSV export like the normal CSV export and then upload it via FTP we should be able to do it for you for a small fee.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see why you are ok to pay your WMS so that they built the processor of CSV files but not us (or someone else) to built the export and upload plugin.

12 years 1 month ago #42487

Nicolas,

Fulfillment and Third Party Logistic companies all charge an integration fee regardless of which cart system one uses. The integration fee is based on the amount of week the provider needs to do in order to process the .cvs file and import the appropriate fields into their WMS. To my knowledge only the service provider can do this as their are just as many Warehouse Management System as their are shopping carts.

Please define what a "small fee" is. You can PM me in order to take this conversation out of the public if you wish.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds