Upgrading to 2.5

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #38060

I have a site with hikashop business. Do I need to do anything specific to upgrade to 2.5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #38116

Back it up with akeeba backup before and make sure that you're using the latest version of HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 2 months ago #38145

Hello all

Whats the best procedure to upgrade from joomla 1.7 to 2.5 while maintaning all product on Hikashop?

Every day is a good day.

• Thank you received: 6
12 years 2 months ago #38216
The following user(s) said Thank You: thoman, protorob

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #39171

For me it was simple. I went to Extensions, clicked on Update, Joomla 2.5 shows up (you may need to click find update at top-right menu for the update to show. I selected it and just clicked Update at top-right menu again and thats about it. Havent seen any issues with my shop components. You may need to upgrade other thridy party plugins. Again I have a tonne of them and I havent had any issues. But as they say, back up just in case

• Thank you received: 6
12 years 2 months ago #39175

rshenje wrote: For me it was simple. I went to Extensions, clicked on Update, Joomla 2.5 shows up (you may need to click find update at top-right menu for the update to show. I selected it and just clicked Update at top-right menu again and thats about it. Havent seen any issues with my shop components. You may need to upgrade other thridy party plugins. Again I have a tonne of them and I havent had any issues. But as they say, back up just in case

Yes, this method is fine if you run Joomla 1.6 or Joomla 1.7. If you run Joomla 1.5 you will need to 'migrate' to J2.5

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds