Google Products autoupdate not working in 2.2.3

• Thank you received: 6
10 years 3 months ago #138460

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27

It seems the auto update function of the Google Products plugin is not working since we upgraded to 2.2.3
- we have tried all the options of the 'Increase performances' performance parameter
- we have verified the FTP login/password both on the side of Google and Hikashop
- we have left blank the new fields Age group/Gender/Size/Color as we do not need them

Are other experiencing the same issue? Auto-update working in 2.2.2 and not in 2.2.3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #138524

Additionally:
- we have checked that the hosting server has no firewall rules preventing from FTP'ing out to uploads.google.com => All good.
- we have put the report from Hikashop cron to detailed report plus email report => It seems the Google Products plugin is never triggered as we never find 'Products information sent to Google Merchant' in the reports

On our new hosting plan we have max_execution_time=45 for PHP.
Could this be the reason that generateXML() does not work?

What else can we do to debug this issue?

• Thank you received: 13062
10 years 3 months ago #138652

Hi,

Two things to check:
- manually generate the XML by clicking on the trigger link of the options of the plugin. If you get the XML generated, then it's not a problem of resources limitation. Otherwise it is.
- if the plugin is never triggered, it could be that the cron task is not working anymore. I invite you to check our documentation on the cron task and make sure that it is working:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-cron-task.html

10 years 3 months ago #138927

Yes the manual generation of the XML works as we have been using it to update manually Google Merchants since a couple of weeks.
The cron also works as it does generate reports with rates successfully updated, waitlist notifies checked and so on. But never we find in the cron report the sign that the google product plugin was executed. Looking at the plugin code I think the message we should find in the cron report should be ''Products information sent to Google Merchant'.

We saw that DS is used in the plugin code such as $uploadFolder = rtrim($uploadFolder,DS).DS;
We are trying this plugin and will report whether it works.
digitaldisseny.com/en/joomla-extensions/...stant-joomla-3-error

10 years 3 months ago #138937

DS is used everywhere in HikaShop. The constant is automatically defined if necessary when the HikaShop main helper library is loaded, so that's not a problem.

If the manual generation works and that the cron task work, then the only thing left is that the configuration of the plugin has been changed in a way that the plugin in not triggered by the cron task anymore.
For example, if the auto update option is turned off, if the FTP credentials are not correct, if the "Last Update" field value is in the future in the options of the plugin or if the frequency is really big (a few months/years for example)... Remember that these options unit is the second.

10 years 3 months ago #138975

Ok thanks for the clarification about DS.

The plugin configuration is straightforward and we have double-checked everything. See screenshot attached.

But I may have a clue. I always tried to connect FTP to uploads.google.com manually to confirm credentials but I never tried to actually manually upload an XML file.

It appears it does not work for me anymore. I get a Connection timed out when trying to put s file.

Can someone try it out to confirm whether the issue is only for my account?

Attachments:

10 years 3 months ago #138987

I don't have a google products account but we would have a lot more forum posts about the issue if it was not working anymore.
It's probably more something related to your xml itself.
Maybe it's too big for Google ?
Maybe you could ask Google Products support why that XML would generate such error ?

10 years 3 months ago #138989

The XML does not generate any error. When I upload it manually it gets processed with no problem.
It is the FTP upload which seems to be broken.
ftp://uploads.google.com seems to not accept files anymore and just times out.

Anyway, the problem is finally identified so I will follow-up with Google. The issue is not the with Hikashop plugin.

If a forum user who has a Google Merchant account reads this message, it would be nice if he/she confirms whether the FTP outage of uploads.google.com is only for my account or more global.

10 years 3 months ago #138990

Just to clarify.

When I upload manually through the web interface of Google Merchant, the XML file is accepted and processed with no error.
When I upload manually via FTP, the connection times out, and the file is not transferred.

Just emailed Google Merchant support, let's see what they say.

10 years 2 months ago #142607

After 1 month of back and forth emailing Google Support finally acknowledged their FTP is broken and that they are working on a fix.
Would be nice though to learn from other users whether they also currently have FTP upload issues.
Manual upload via web interface still works.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 2 months ago #142640

Thank you for coming back and giving us your returns about this issue.
It will definitely help the other user if they encounter the same problem.

9 years 10 months ago #160195

If this can help others:
- Google never fixed the problem with their FTP server
- I gave up and instead I use the Hikashop Google Product Plugin to generate the XML file and store it locally on the server
- Then I configured Google Merchant to pull the XML file daily with the URL

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 5 months ago #282251

Hi.
I'm in with same problem today. Cannot get work also the local storage. Does it work for you ? how did you configure the url. i tried in many ways but no file s is created

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds