Analytics plugin sending incorrect number of items and amounts to GA

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #269724

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi,

We are having a problem with HikaShop analytics plugin. We are using two payment methods on the site:
- standard PayPal
- PayPal Pro (credit card)

Standard Paypal method was sending zero revenue amounts to GA and credit card method was sending revenue and items number multiplied by 2,3 or even 5 in some cases.

Following a similar thread on the forum I decided to update analytics plugin to one from HikaShop version 3.0.1. After that, I got correct numbers for orders completed through standard PayPal plugin, but ones made with credit card were still having issues with multiplied values.

I am assuming that multiplication happens when somebody enters incorrect credit card data and tries again data gets multiplied by the number of retries, because some of the orders made by credit card actually show correct numbers (including two test ones I created).

Attached are the settings for the plugin:

What is your suggestion in this case?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #269948

Hello,

Can you confirm the issue ?
Do you have a "step by step" procedure in order to reproduce that multiple submission of data to Google Analytics ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 11 months ago #270041

Hi Jerome,

Sorry if I made my explanation to convoluted to understand.

Let me try again.

I already updated analytics plugin to one from hikashop 3.0.1, but that did not solve the problem.

Standard PayPal payment method now works fine, it sends correct number of products and revenue amount to analytics.

PayPal Pro payment method works well if I enter all the data correctly on the first try and complete checkout - it sends correct values for products and revenue to GA.

If I make a mistake when entering cc info, try again and succeed second time, number of products and revenue amount in GA for that order will be doubled. If I make mistake two times before succeeding, it will be tripled etc.

Payment method selection is on the last step of the checkout process, I don't know if that information is useful to you.

Does this information help?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #270043

Hello,

Yes, but not.

The HikaShop Analytics plugin which is provide within HikaShop Business only interact with "onAfterOrderCreate" and "onAfterOrderUpdate" triggers and it just call the Google API when the order is confirmed.

Knowing that when you enter wrong CC data for the Paypal Pro plugin, the order is not created ; the Google Analytics plugin cannot be called at any moment.
More than that, even if the order is created (like for Paypal Classical), the new order does not have the "confirmed" order status ; the call to Google API is not made.

So, the case that you are describing is, not possible by definition of the plugin source code.
I'm sorry.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 11 months ago #270080

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for your reply.

I will check with one of our developers, there might have been some changes within the code, so this error might have been created on our end.

If I need additional assistance, I will post my questions here.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds