Problem with Hikashop + AvaTax + AWOCoupon

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #286636

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.weareecs.com/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.32

Hello all! This is likely a problem between AwoCoupon Pro, with Hikashop simply in the middle, but posting here first for visibility.

We recently migrated to Avalara/Avatax (Polished Geek's plugin) for tax calculation. For the most part, its been a flawless migration.

However, we use AWOCoupon Pro for discounts, as it seems to be the best and most stable thing out there.

Any purchase made w/ a discount code applied (to product, or to shipping) triggers the error in the screenshot below.

Looking at Avalara, it seems like it sees the discount, and everything should be fine, but there's definitely an issue somewhere.

Anybody run into this before? Or anybody running this combination of 3rd party plugins without running into this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 months ago #286644

Hi,

I've never seen this. It must indeed be an incompatibility between the AvaTax plugin and the AWOCoupon with HikaShop only being in the middle.
I'll recommend contacting the support of both these extensions. The way AWOCoupon apply the taxes on the coupons might not be compatible with the way AvaTax calculate the taxes. Or maybe something can be done in either extension to avoid that issue.

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 2 months ago #286715

Hello, this is Deb from Polished Geek. I'm sorry to say that combining the AvaTax plugin with AWO's third party extension AWO Coupon is not supported. It handles taxes and coupon calculation completely differently from HikaShop. The AvaTax plugin is certified to work only with native HikaShop functionality.

If you have any issues with native HikaShop and our AvaTax Connector, don't hesitate to ask for free technical support at PolishedGeek.com/clients/contact.php

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #286720

Yikes. That definitely wasn't clear from any documentation around any of the plugins or Hikashop core.

This causes severe issues in that Hikashop has no native functionality to do shipping discounts, and if I'm reading similar threads correctly, no plans to add one.

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 2 months ago #286735

Yes, we would love to see HikaShop add native Shipping Coupons functionality as well.

AWO Coupon PRO is a wonderful extension. But there are just way too many features and different coupon types and combinations to make it something we can agree to develop and support for free. It's already quite a challenge to keep up with AvaTax global tax certification for HikaShop and HikaMarket functionality at times.

If and when HikaShop does decide to add native shipping discount features, we'll happily support them for AvaTax! :)

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 2 months ago #286779

Hi,

This is on our todo list but I can't give any dead line as we didn't start working on it yet.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds