Hikashop Google Product Plugin

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
3 years 11 months ago #318401

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0

Hi,

I have a question.

When we turn off the Canonical URL's to have a multilingual experience for the shop we see that our ranking is decreased.
So I did some investigation and I see that the url from the products in the xml file now give this sort of URL's:

This message contains confidential information

But before we turned off the canonical URLs we had this sort of URLs in our XML:

But I don't know why the plugin uses the long (SEO unfriendly) URL because when you use the site you see this URL:

Is there a solution to pass SEO friendly URLs again?

Thanks

Kind regards,
Lumiga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 11 months ago #318433

Hi,

Because when the Google Products plugin generates the URLs of the products, it is not on a products listing page, so it doesn't know the alias of the menu item you normally use on your frontend to access the product.
When you have a canonical URL with the force canonical URLs on listings activated, then plugin can use the canonical URL of the product instead of trying to generate a URL for the product and thus you get the same URL as on the frontend.

I'm afraid the only solution here is to fill in your products' canonical URL and activate the "force canonical URL on listings" setting.

Note that with HikaShop 4.3.0, you can have different canonical URLs, one per language. So it should not be a problem to have canonical URLs together with different languages available.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds