Microdata Facebook/instagram integration

• Thank you received: 2
2 years 11 months ago #331816

-- url of the page with the problem -- : upthehighstreet.uk/store/product/organic...210ml-hampshire-mint
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

Having looked through the forums. i can see many people have asked about facebook microdata tags. This allows a webshop to be easily added to fcebook pages,groups, instagram profiles and whatsapp. Facebook being the number 1 social network for reach in the world. Mean seem less integration is a must.

As you can see from this link
upthehighstreet.uk/store/product/organic...210ml-hampshire-mint
the product display is working fine.
the tags that work ok are:
title
description
image_link
availability

Missing tags are:
id
price
link
google product category

Do you have a solution to add the following tags. Also would it be a good idea going forward to have mapping section in the dashboard, where you can name tags and assign them to whichever fields hikashop uses?

here is the facebook debugger:
business.facebook.com/ads/microdata/debu...210ml-hampshire-mint

Many thanks in advanced

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 11 months ago #331827

Hi,

First, note that you are missing the "price" microdata tag on your link because you have a view override of the product page layout based on an old version of HikaShop and you're missing some code to add it.
Here Philippe explains what needs to be added:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/product-c...a/324883.html#324332

Secondly, I can see that you don't have any openGraph meta tags on your page.
These can be added with the corresponding setting of the HikaShop social networks plugin so I would recommend you reviewing its settings to add the opengrapth tags. These are taken into account by FaceBook to get the necessary information.

Doing these two things should hopefully remove the errors you have with the FaceBook microdata check tool.

2 years 11 months ago #331842

HI,
Thank you for the reply. Can you explain why i'm using the latest version of hikashop v4.4.2 but i have to manually add code?

The link you have posted above goes asks me to edit a file (listing_price.php) that is version 4.4.2 and should have these changes already implemented.

Will look into adding opengraph tags .

2 years 11 months ago #331843

Having checked the 2 files from the link. Both already have the updated code mentioned. I also checked to see if any template overrides had old code. None exist.

i enable the social media plugin, which only gives the same tags that are being generated.

So i'm left in the same position as i started in. looks like i have the most recent code, which all the necessary changes. But the required tags are not being created.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 11 months ago #331847

Hi,

If you look at the HTML of your page, you can see that you are missing the "price" meta tag where the "availibility" and "priceCurrency" meta tags are:
i.imgur.com/mHupAUd.png
But this "price" meta tag is in HikaShop by default.
So that means that you (or your template provider) have customized the product page layout based on an old version of HikaShop which doesn't have the necessary code modifications to add that tag.
The modifications explained on www.hikashop.com/support/forum/product-c...a/324883.html#324332 are to modify the core files of HikaShop. As you found out, the modifications are already there, and that's normal since we've added them to HikaShop after this post. However, these modifications are not in the view overrides that you have in your template. And that's where they need to be added.
So normally, if you check the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ via FTP, you should find at least one file which indicates that the product view files have been customized.
If you rename that whole folder to something else, it will deactivate the overrides and after your clear your website cache (if you have any), you'll see the default look of the product page, but you will get the additional meta tag for "price".
What to do where to keep your customizations and get the proper meta tags ? I'm not sure. I don't know which view files have been customized or how they have been customized so I can't tell you for sure.
Me giving you the link to the other subject was for you to apply the modifications to your overrides, thinking that you had done them yourself and thus that you knew what to do. If these customizations have been done by your template provider, then you need to contact your template support so that they can fix the overrides and provide you with a new version of the template.

Now regarding the HikaShop social networks plugin, I do not agree with you.
Yes, it did not add any additional microdata tag, but that's not its role. Its role is to add opengraph meta tags in the header of the page. And if you check there, you can know see these tags:
i.imgur.com/IyjNOAD.png
And if you check your page with FaceBook check tool, you can see that the opengraph meta tags are now found:
i.imgur.com/aMqeUW0.png
And thanks to that, the tool doesn't complain anymore about the "link" field being missing.
So the plugin does its job.

So to conclude, once your view overrides have the proper modifications, it will remove the "id" and "price" errors and the FaceBook check tool should not give out any error anymore.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gennie007

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds