Can't override pagination.php

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 7 months ago #335840

-- url of the page with the problem -- : vanillashop23.ru
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Fatal error: Cannot declare class hikashopPaginationHelper, because the name is already in use in /home/r/rmmoto/vanillashop23.ru/public_html/templates/vanillashop/html/com_hikashop/administrator/helpers/pagination.override.php on line 371

Hi!
I've tried to override pagination.php file, but I couldn't do it.

For the first time, I had created pagination.override.php in my_template/html/com_hikashop/administrator/ , next, I added original code from pagination.php and some changes to override class hikashopBridgePaginationHelper:

<?php
/**
 * @package	HikaShop for Joomla!
 * @version	4.4.3
 * @author	hikashop.com
 * @copyright	(C) 2010-2021 HIKARI SOFTWARE. All rights reserved.
 * @license	GNU/GPLv3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
 */
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?><?php
//jimport('joomla.html.pagination');

//include_once $originalFile;
include_once(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_hikashop/helpers/pagination.php');

class hikashopBridgePaginationHelperOverride extends hikashopBridgePaginationHelper {
	var $hikaSuffix = '';
	var $form = '';

function getPagesLinks() {
		$app = JFactory::getApplication();

$lang = JFactory::getLanguage();
		$lang->load('lib_joomla');
I have an error message now:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class hikashopPaginationHelper, because the name is already in use in /home/r/rmmoto/vanillashop23.ru/public_html/templates/vanillashop/html/com_hikashop/administrator/helpers/pagination.override.php on line 371

What have I made wrong and how could I fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 7 months ago #335841

Hi,

Look at the bottom of your copy of pagination.php
You can see you have a second class hikashopPaginationHelper defined which extends from hikashopBridgePaginationHelper
So you need to change hikashopPaginationHelper to hikashopPaginationHelperOverride there.
Also, instead of extending from hikashopBridgePaginationHelper, you could either extend from hikashopBridgePaginationHelperOverride or from hikashopPaginationHelper (which will extend from hikashopBridgePaginationHelper)
It depends what you need to override in your pagination.php

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 7 months ago #335846

I need to override pagination from native to bootstrap 4. So, I have to modify function _list_render as I see it.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 7 months ago #335848

Hi,

Then, that's not how you want to do it.
You want to use the normal pagination override system of Joomla by creating a file templates/yourtemplate/html/pagination.php and then filling it with code like this:
www.web-eau.net/blog/pagination-bootstrap-4
If you check the code of the pagination helper class of HikaShop, you can see it has such code:

return ($listOverride) ? pagination_list_render($list) : $this->_list_render($list);
so that the pagination template override can be used instead of the default pagination.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds