Products with only option in Google Product Feed

• Thank you received: 22
2 years 10 hours ago #341101

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.0

Hi,
I have a shop with some products that only have prices via the options. So no price on the main product. It gets it from the default option.

My issue is that now these products don't show up in the feed because for the plugin they have no price of their own.
That works as designed.

But off course the frontend show a price with the product (the default option) and I would like to know if there is a way to have this default price used in the feed?

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by nico.van.leeuwen. Reason: solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 6 hours ago #341109

Hi,

Well, there is always a way in programing. However, it's not easy to do.
First, the options data, the prices of the options, the discounts on the prices of the options, etc are not loaded in the plugin's code.
Then, the question is how to choose between the different prices of the different options as there is no mechanism in Google Products to add options to products and a product has to have a price in the feed.
So it would require quite a bit of development ( 200 or 300€ of development cost). I think the best would be to add an extra event to the google products plugin so that other plugins could override the data of the products between the loading of the data and the generation of the XML. That way, a custom plugin could, for free products, load the options of the products and then their prices (and discounts, etc) and then set the price of the these products based on that data.

1 year 11 months ago #341123

Hi Nicolas,
Ok, good to know that it's an option with some custom work.

For some products I can also set a price of the default characteristic on the product so it would be added to the feed.
Then add all the characteristics as variants and put the prices on them.

One little thing that would be great if it can be fixed/changed in my case:
When I select a variant as default I'm still seeing the text "Make your choice" on the dropdown menu. Can this text be removed from that dropdown so it shows the fist, default option directly?

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 11 months ago #341124

Hi,

Are you talking about the "Please select" default choice of variants ?
This will only appear when you have "Characteristics dynamic display" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration.
In that case, the system hides the add to cart button and displays it only once the customer has selected something in the characteristics dropdowns.
If you don't want that, then you want to turn off that setting.

1 year 11 months ago #341129

Perfect, thanks that did the trick !

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds