Hika Joomla User custom plugin

• Thank you received: 35
1 year 11 months ago #341443

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi guys,
Is there a way to have / show an HikaShop Joomla User custom plugin tab (backend/frontend) into Joomla Profile ?

I attach some images

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 11 months ago #341451

Hi,

There is no ready-made solution you could just activate to add a tab for HikaShop related information on the joomla user profile.
However, if other extensions are doing it, then yes, it is possible to develop a plugin for HikaShop to do the same.

1 year 11 months ago #341487

Hi Nicolas,
many thanks for your quick reply.

Please, What do you mean exactly with "...you could just activate to add a tab for HikaShop related information on the joomla user profile..." ?

About "...yes, it is possible to develop a plugin for HikaShop to do the same...". I'm quite surprised that nobody asked for it.
I think that would be really a very good feature to have an HikaShop tab (where to include also HikaSubscription, HikaMarket datas...) in special now that there are strict rules on GDPR, privacy, cookies, all datas that must be made available to the user in a clear and simple way so that he can always have his data under control.
Please, Can you consider it for the next release ?

I remain available here...

1 year 11 months ago #341492

Hi,

In your first message you provided three screenshots.
I don't know where the first screenshot was taken, so I didn't comment on it.
Your second screenshot is about the Joomla user account edit form of the Joomla user manager in the backend. So it doesn't change anything regarding GDPR or user access since it's in the backend. And that's why I was replying to in my previous message.

Regarding the frontend, HikaShop has a user control panel. From there, the user can access to his Joomla profile, his addresses, his orders, his downloads, etc.
This can be added by creating a menu item of the type HikaShop user control panel via the joomla menu manager.
That's what merchants usually do to provide users access to their information.
HikaMarket has a similar control panel for vendors, where they can access the orders of their customers, their products, their categories, their vendor information, etc.

Finally, in the settings of the user synchronization plugin in the joomla plugins manager, you have a setting you can turn on to allow the users to directly edit their custom user fields on their Joomla user profile edition page on the frontend.

So I still don't know what you're first screenshot is about, and whether you're talking about something else, but regarding the access of the user to his HikaShop data, what I talked about above should already cover all the data of the user stored in HikaShop.

1 year 11 months ago #341517

Hi Nicolas,
so, recapitulating:

A - "...Regarding the frontend, HikaShop has a user control panel... etc. ...HikaMarket has a similar control panel for vendors..."
We are agree...

B - "...in the settings of the user synchronization plugin in the joomla plugins manager, you have a setting you can turn on to allow the users to directly edit their custom user fields on their Joomla user profile edition page on the frontend..."
The "HikaShop user synchronization plugin" is a "System" plugin that synchronize Joomla User with HikaShop user.
When the "Display custom user fields on user profile edition page" setting is enabled:
- HikaShop shows the Hika Custom Fields (just those fields)
- into the Frontend Joomla Edit Profile page (just that page, not the Profile, not in Backend)
- in a pre defined position (there is no a way to set the layout position into the Edit Profile page)

C - What I'm asking for is an "HikaShop Joomla User custom plugin" (and similarly maybe an HikaMarket one):
- it should add a Backend / Frontend Profile HikaShop tab (as they are doing DPCalendar, Solidres, JV HelpDesk in my two example images)
- What to include into this HikaShop tab ? In a "first plugin release" at least the "Addresses" Control Panel menu (Billing addresses and Shipping addresses)
- What to include into this HikaMarket tab ? In a "first plugin release" could be at least the "Vendor page" information
- Being a Joomla User custom plugin, we can define the User Custom Profile Tab orders defining the Joomla User plugin order into the Plugin Manager (my third image)
- PS At this point, from my point of view, the "Display custom user fields on user profile edition page" setting of the "HikaShop user synchronization plugin" could be deprecated.

D - Why I spoke you about GDPR etc. ?
Because, the strict GDPR, privacy, cookies, rules force us to make all user datas available to users in a clear and simple way so that he can always have his data under control. What better place than the Joomla Profile?
So, here we are not trying to complicate anything, but only to use a standard Joomla feature (Joomla User Custom Plugin) to obtain the result in the simplest possible form even considering that a Joomla site is not only Joomla + HikaShop, but it is of many components (with different user data) that will all have to integrate their data into the Joomla profile

I hope I have clarified, I remain available...

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by joomleb.

1 year 11 months ago #341520

Hi,

Sorry but I'm still not clear on everything and I don't agree on everything you said either. Nevertheless, I'm happy to discuss the matter.

B. I agree with that. However, I didn't know that Joomla provides the necessary triggers to add elements to the Joomla profile page or the backend user form. And I'm still not clear on whether that's the case, or how it would be possible to display the fields elsewhere on the page, etc.
It seems that you're saying this is possible but I don't know how and for the backend profile edition page I can indeed see in your screenshot that they are able to add tabs there. I don't know how they are doing it so I can't say if it could be done for HikaShop too.

C. Adding a HikaShop tab to the backend user account edit form is an interesting idea. I however don't know how that is possible.
Regarding the frontend, I'm not clear on what is possible so I can't say much. I guess checking the code of these plugins would help in understanding what's possible and how to do it.

D. Again, I don't know of any way to add data to the joomla frontend profile page. You're saying it as if creating a plugin of the group "user" would be the solution, but that's not the problem here. A plugin of the group "system" has the same access to events than plugins of the group "user". If I knew how to add tabs on the joomla backend profile page, I could do it from the system plugin if I wanted.
Finally, the frontend Joomla profile page is quite cramped and not suited to display all the data available with the many views of the user control panel. On the other end, if other components add their stuff to the joomla profile edition page, then if you give the customer access to the HikaShop user control panel, he will have access to the Joomla profile (and thus the other components stuff) as well as all the other things HikaShop provides. Without even talking about the technicalities of how to do it, as a practical thing, I don't feel that the orders listing, the address listing, the downloads listing, the affiliate program, the HikaSerial "serials" area, the HikaSubscription "subscriptions" area, etc could all fit inside the Joomla profile page. To me, it make sense that there is a central control panel for the user on an ecommerce website, which also allow the user to access his profile, and that's what we already do.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds