GA4 revenue attribution showing as unassigned

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
9 months 1 week ago #353775

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4

The HikaShop GA4 plugin integration is wonderful. However, I'm seeing most of the revenue fall under the "unassigned" acquisition channel, indicating that the session is somehow being scrambled or not sent to GA4 properly (normally shows . I am still exclusively using the old Paypal payment method. I had a similar problem on Universal Analytics with PayPal plugin. Is this the same issue stemming from the PayPal redirects?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
9 months 6 days ago #353788

Hi,

It's possible, yes.
Make sure you've entered the measurment id in your plugin.
Also, if you're on PHP7 and not PHP8, the plugin won't be able to use the library to conect GA via the measurment API.

If you use PayPal Checkout, the payment notification will be triggered by the user's browser and thus it should be less problematic to keep track of the acquisition channel for GA.

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
9 months 2 days ago #354004

Yes, I've entered the measurement ID and can see revenue...it's just not assigned to the correct channels (shows under "unassigned"). Also, I have PHP 8.1.

Barring some critical bug with the plugin itself, it would appear that the old paypal plugin is interfering with the session information. I'll upgrade to PayPal Checkout to see if the same behavior appears.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds