Moving Add to Cart Button on Product Listing

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 11 months ago #103145

I would like to move the Add to Cart button on my product listing down to create a space between the PRICE_WITH_OPTIONS text. Could you tell me how to do this?

Also, is it possible to add a line of text under the Add to Cart button? I would like a single sentence as in the screenshot attached.

Thanks very much for your help.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by shamrockshirts. Reason: Change to question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
10 years 11 months ago #103160

That's the way the variants system works. For each product you can have different variants selected. So each product can have different variants setup.
If all the products have the same variants then maybe it means that you don't want to use variants but maybe custom item fields or options which would display the same but would be updated for all the products if you add a new value to them.
I see that the price can change based on the selection of the characteristics, so custom item fields won't help you here as you can't change the price based on the custom field selection. But options can do that. You set the price of each value of the option and then you set a base price for each product and based on the selection of the options the price will increase accordingly.

Note that we're also working on a mass action system which will allow you to more easily manage modifications on several products/variants at once so that could help you manage your variants/products in the future.

10 years 11 months ago #103171

Thanks for the info Nicolas, I have set up a product using options instead of characteristics as a test, and it seems to almost do what I want. Much better than previous efforts anyway!

Could you tell me how to move the add to cart button and add the text, as in my earlier post? Thank you.

Also, several of my customers have commented on how slowly my product details pages load. Is there anything I can change to speed them up?

10 years 11 months ago #103241

You can edit the file "quantity" via the menu Display->Views and add your text at the end and <br/> tags at the beginning for that.

10 years 11 months ago #103246

I don't really understand, sorry I'm not a programmer. I know the file you are referring to, but could you detail exactly what I need to add and where within the file to put it?

10 years 11 months ago #103254

I already told you exactly what to add and where :

add your text at the end and <br/> tags at the beginning

10 years 11 months ago #103259

And how will that move the add to cart button down?

10 years 11 months ago #103260

I have added the line of text, and the add to cart button is now very cramped.

Could you please explain how to add space above and below the button? If it's not too much trouble.

Thank you.

10 years 11 months ago #103264

The <br/> tag is a HTML tag which is used to add spaces between other HTML elements, so if you add it at the beginning of the quantity file as I said it will increase the space between what is before and the button.
You can also add one before your text at the end to add a space between the button and the text.

10 years 11 months ago #103266

Thank you very much, I will give that a try.

One last problem, I need to have 3 images within my product listing. In the past I have only ever had one. But, when I add two extra images, I was expecting them to be small thumbnails under the main product image, however they are displayed as the same size as the main product image, and the main product image is repeated. Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Here is the link:

www.shamrockshirts.com.au/index.php/deca...se-test-product-only

10 years 11 months ago #103272

Never mind .... I figured it out.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds