Product variant/options price modifier types

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #113925

Hi

Trying to find a Joomla ecommerce package that does 2 things 1) auto updates product price when variant/option changes (HikaShop looks like it does that) and 2) has a % (percent) modifier in addition to normal +/- standard with most applications.

HikaShop looks like it does the first but not sure about the second Can't find any info about the modifiers. Hope someone can help, thanks.

regards
Rob Willox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
10 years 9 months ago #113931

Hi Rob,

If you want to change the price of your products thanks to a percentage calculation you can use our mass action feature which just came out.
You can try it on our demo website and see if it answer your needs :). demo.hikashop.com

10 years 9 months ago #113939

Thanks Eliot for the quick response but don't think I might have explained very well!

Don't want to change global product prices. Want to be able to change the base product price on the frontend product page by a % uplift when a specific variant/option is selected eg

Product 1 Price £100

Colour: Red/Blue Selecion (no price change)

Size Selection: Sml (no price change) | Med (price increase by 10%) | Lrg (price increase by 20%)

The % lift modifier as an option to the normal + £10, -£5 etc

with the price of the product updated with each selection picked.

Hope the above makes it cleared.

regards
Rob

• Thank you received: 13062
10 years 9 months ago #114012

9 years 5 months ago #178054

I don't see where a percent can be added as an product option. I did make a product called 'round corners' and added a characteristic that added 110% - but it needs it own product price to add the % too - sadly it does not carry over to the product that it will be added as an option too.

I would really like to add % upcharge options (not characteristics)

For example "use premium paper" (adds 15% to the total) or "round corners" (adds 10% to the total)

Adding characteristics to a print job isn't feasible as there are too many - several paper choices, front only printing, front and back printing, round corners, raised ink... ect.... Individual percentage upcharge would take care of all of them. A client could just select an option 'round corners' and hikashop would upcharge the product total 10% and so-on for each additional option.

I bought the business edition in hoping that it was a option that the started edition did not have. I really hope there is a solution that I have overlooked.

Thank you
-Beau

• Thank you received: 13062
9 years 5 months ago #178195

Hi,

There is no option to have options add a percentage charge to the main product.
The only solution in that case is to develop a small HikaShop quantity price override plugin to do recalculate the price of the product after the product is added to the cart. And in that case, you can use custom item fields instead of options.
We have some documentation on the creation of such plugin for developers but if you're not one, you'll want to contact our partners for a quote: www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: beaubrewer1977

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds