Importing user address

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #171954

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3

I am migrating from starter to business edition. I am doing a fresh installation. Already imported joomla users from old installation. Is there any way I can export the users addresses from the old Hikashop to new one? Both version are on 2.3.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 7 months ago #171957

Hi,

A simple way will be to export the table of HikaShop via phpMyAdmin and then import them back in the new website.

The following user(s) said Thank You: s21rc

9 years 7 months ago #172370

Thanks Xavier. Works perfectly. I have the following new problem now:

Please have a look www.peak69.com

1. I want to use badges for discount, free shipping, sale etc. As per documentation it seems I need to apply badges on CATEGORY, but creating category will also show those category in my Shop by Category Menu. Is there a way to hide some category (featured, sale, discount, free shipping etc) from showing up from menu and div listing?

2. I am using a responsive theme with Joomla 3. I have set 3 column Div view for listing, Now when I see the category listing from a mobile browser, the thumbnail images (which is set 200px wide) overlaps with each other.

If I set Bootstrap option yes in Hikashop, then from desktop browser only 1 column (in place of 3 column div listing) is coming in Category Menu (mega menu loads a category listing module using DIV view) and in product view for category.

Also the price and add to cart comes over the image thumbnail.
Please suggest a way to optimize it for Mobile version.

Thankyou in advance for your as usual prompt support.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 7 months ago #172373

Hi,

Your new questions are quite far from the original thread.
Please, for your new questions, open new threads ; otherwise it won't help other users while searching answer for same kind of things.

1. Just unpublish a category to hide it.

2. Your template is bootstrap 3 compatible. HikaShop is Bootstrap 2 compatible (due to Joomla specifications).
So for the moment, if you want that HikaShop be bootstrap 3 compatible, you have to override some HikaShop views in order to replace the bootstrap 2 classes into bootstrap 3 classes.
The Bootstrap 3 support is planned for HikaShop 3.0

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: s21rc

9 years 7 months ago #172869

Thanks. Solved after using bootstrap 2 base theme.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 5 months ago #181108

Hi
@jerome
a) could you confirm that joomla and hikashop share the same Fields for adress table ?
I don't know but when i study HKS relative to MySQL storage I see (joomla debug or Mysql proxy ) that when use the BackEnd GUI for create insert new data ; that HKS modify some data ( using php mysql code ) in anothers table (check integrity alias ) !!
b) can i use phpmyqadmin for category ( all type of components that use categories ? )
http://docs.joomla.org/Tables/categories
c) the user and adress are different table
docs.joomla.org/Tables/users
Does joomal check adress table and update user table for integrity if some items miss ?

thank's

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by lionel75.

• Thank you received: 13075
9 years 5 months ago #181217

Hi,

hikashop uses the hikashop_address table to store the addresses of the users.
Joomla doesn't have a table to stores addresses of users. They have the equivalent of custom user fields which some people will use to get one address of the users but it cannot be used for a serious ecommerce solution handling multiple addresses per user which is why we have our own table to store the user addresses.
Usually what you do is that you just disable the joomla fields and only use HikaShop's.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds