Mass Action Warehouses

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #174550

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.lockharttactical.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : latest

I am trying to add ALL products to a specific warehouse.

1) On the MASS ACTIONS page, what does "VALUE" do? It has a default value of 500.

Warehouse ID "1" = my USA warehouse
Warehouse ID "2" = my Canadian warehouse

I want to add ALL products to my USA warehouse using a mass action.
Please let me know if my img link here, shows the correct settings.

imgur.com/JDOnJMf

Following this, I need to select all the individual brands that DO NOT ship from my usa warehouse, and they will ONLY ship from the canadian warehouse. Then I need to run a mass action on those ones.

Following this... all future added products need to go into their proper warehouses, or it will screw up the system?
Almost all products should be automatically going into the USA warehouse.

Would I run a mass action to update a product as soon as its added to link to the USA warehouse... UNLESS it was specified to ship from Canada warehouse?

Please advise what I should do, and how I would do it properly.

**EDIT**
Also, when I select my FEDEX shipping option or my CANADA POST shipping option, there is no option on there to SELECT what WAREHOUSE to use?

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by samuel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 6 months ago #174592

Hi,

1. Value is here to limit the number of things to process, 500 limit to 500 elements. It avoid server overloads.

2. Why having added a filter on product manufacturer id ? You don't need this kind of filtering. Let a "value" and the action is ok.

3. There is not yet massactions on brands.

4. You have to use the same mass action than in point 2 and add a trigger on it on product creation, this way it will be automatically assigned to the desired warehouse.

The point in the "edit" is not related on the mass actions, thanks to open a new topic for that.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #174720

I'm really sorry Xavier,

I couldn't really understand what you were writing.

For VALUE, if i have 9000 products, should I make the value very big? EG: 90,000? (because of variants?) Or will 500 still be okay?

2) I was told before that I should filter for product_manufacture_id by Nicolas
If I am doing this wrong, please tell me what I need to do properly to sell ALL products / Variants and switch them to WAREHOUSE 1

After I switch all the products over to WAREHOUSE 1... I need to switch SOME products back to WAREHOUSE 2, then it will be all perfect.
So I will need to filter VIA product_manufacture_id, and do each brand I want to switch to WAREHOUSE 2, individually, right?

THX!!

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 6 months ago #174746

Hi,

1) If you have 9000 products, you will probably not be able to process them at one time. The server will potentially not support that.
So you have to run many times the same action, but change the "start" and "value" values.

For example, start with:
Start=0 / Value=500
Then:
Start=500 / Value = 500
Start=1000 / Value=500.

This will process 500 elements by 500 elements, and no server overload.

2) In the screenshot there was no values for the filter "product_manufacturer_id" so you can remove it. Then it will change the warehouse for all the products and variants.
Then you will be able to filter on the desired manufacturer id to set the second warehouse to the desired products.

Don't forget to male a backup before using the mass actions, then you can do some tests until you found the correct way to edit you product informations.

The following user(s) said Thank You: samuel

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds