mass action and joomla object type

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 5 months ago #181093

-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.22
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : many
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : general question

Hi
I never use mass action yet only read documentation and my post is before test/study mass action only ( no issue) . So my questions are very basic , newbie. Import backup transfert export is important for admin website for each joomla extension ( core or third ) .
a) Does mass action work only for hikashop object type ? In a way category in hikashop is not the same than category for article ! ( all component has it own category ?!!! ).
b) Does user, group , adress manage by massaction are compatible with joomla ? Does content of each items are store both in joomla / Hikashop SQL table cells ? .

The documentation say "If you want to create a mass action on another data type and you have some Php skills, you can code your own mass action plugin by following our developer documentation on that."
c) Does it mean i can use HKS mass action for joomla article , joomla category and not only on hikashop type object ?
d) Does mass action is a joomla extension Component type ? ( could be bundle as a pay / independant component )
c) the documentation should have a link or simple tutorial about How to create a custom mass action type object . even I think this was already cover in the forum . ......
http://www.hikashop.com/support/support/documentation/168-create-you-own-mass-action-plugin.html
d) Does a plugin can upadate tax using mass action plug in ?

regard's

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by lionel75.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 4 months ago #181120

Hi,

a) Yes mass actions are working for HikaShop object type only, because we developed plugins only for HikaShop tasks.
b) The users are managed with the mass action for the Joomla part too, addresses are only the HikaShop addresses.
c) You can do everything you want, use the base of the mass actions but add actions on other things than HikaShop if you desire.
d) The main mass action plugin is a system plugin the other ones are HikaShop types, but all the current functions require the HikaShop component because we call functions in a class of HikaShop.
e) To add a new object type you have to read the last part in the given link ;)
f) The taxes are not yet handled in the mass actions but if you create a plugin, yes it's possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds