• Thank you received: 1
9 years 2 months ago #185799

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error

Hello,

I have imported a Virtuemart store into HikaShop and I have setup brands that match the categories used on the Virtuemart store. The previous site manager used categories for the manufacturers' names and I would like to change this on the HikaShop version of the website. Is there a way to mass move products from a specific category to a specific brand? Could this be done with the Mass Action tool or does it needs to be done in phpMyAdmin? Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 2 months ago #185821

Hi,

Yes you can do that via the mass actions.
You can set it up like that:
take.ms/mMuXX

In this example, the id of the category to remove is 12, so filter the products with this category, then in the actions remove the category from the product, and set the id for the product_manufacturer_id column.

9 years 2 months ago #185900

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I completed the mass action and the category was removed and the brand added, but the changes are not appearing on the product listing page, though the changes are applied to the product database table. I have tried clearing Joomla's cache and the browser cache, but this does not do anything. I have attached screenshots of the mass action, empty product listing and product database table.

Mass action: imgur.com/j5dO1ke
Empty product listing: imgur.com/p5ON7fl
Database table: imgur.com/j6ttFAx

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

• Thank you received: 13035
9 years 2 months ago #186048

Hi,

The changes have indeed been done successfully in the database as far as I can see and HikaShop doesn't have any cache of the product data.
This means that the only thing I can think of is that either you're not looking at the same website or you have some additional cache preventing you from seeing the change on your frontend. Maybe your template has some caching ? Or maybe you're using a CDN to cache the pages (or maybe your hosting is using a CDN ?) ?

9 years 2 months ago #186311

Hello,

There is no caching enabled on the website right now. When I navigate to Components > HikaShop > Products and change the category filter to Root > Product category > None and brand to Action Training, which is the manufacturer ID I moved the products to, nothing is displayed in the listing. Using the filter search to find a specific product from the brand also returns no records. It looks like there is a disconnect between HikaShop and it's database tables. I can provide CMS admin access if you provide me a secure way to submit the information.

Mike

• Thank you received: 13035
9 years 2 months ago #186351

Hi,

In your last message, it seems that you're talking about the backend display of the products.
It's normal that you don't see the products in the products listing anymore since you removed the products from all the categories.
The products listing of the backend uses the category of the products to know which products to display on the listing. Even if you go in the Root category (the main parent one) and set the filter to display "all sub elements", the system will only display all the products attached to at least one of the product categories under the Root. And in your case, you removed the category of these products so they are not attached to a category anymore and thus won't display there anymore.
If you want to access them, you can edit another product and in the URL, change the id from the id of the product you're editing to one of the ids of the products without any category and you'll see that product.

9 years 2 months ago #186722

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I have it figured out now.

Mike

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds