Mass Action, Order Currency Convert on Create

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 1 month ago #194385

Hi Guys,

I need to have only one currency displaying in my orders on the backend. Can I run a Mass Action to convert all orders to One set Currency/ Main Currency? Or is it possible to setup the site so it shows one currency in the backend/ orders irrespective of customer choice?

If I need to do a mass action, it would be great to automate it so that as each order is created it runs and does the conversion in the orders

Believe in Better

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 1 month ago #194393

Hi,

If you change the currency of the orders, the customers won't get their invoice with the correct currency that they were billed with. I don't recommend doing that. I would recommend that you first consult your accountant to see with him if that's ok.

If you just want to change the currency and the total amount of an order you can do it with a mass action but that won't change the price of the products in them so it will look strange on the order/invoice as the products prices will be with the new currency but the old amount while the total amount will be correct with the new currency. So mass actions won't help.
It would recommend to run a custom script or custom MySQL queries to do it and thus will require the help of a developer.

9 years 1 month ago #195220

Hi Nicolas,

I tried exploring another avenue on this but it was a dead-end. It seems that for this particular client they want the backend currency only in the local unit, particularly for the accountants.

What would really be ideal is that the client recieves the invoice with the currency they paid in yes... But then if we could also show the local unit - total that would be great. So I guess if it could display both currencies on the backend that would also be an option?

Believe in Better

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 1 month ago #195286

Hi,

Next version of HikaShop will store the original currency information in each order.
That way, it will be easy to display both the total amount in the currency that the customer paid and the total amount with the main currency of the shop which will be converted based on the currency information (and rate) of the time of the order.
It will just be a matter of adding a few lines of code to the orders listing.

However, note that next version won't be before 2 months as we just released the 2.4.0 recently.

9 years 1 month ago #195346

Hi Nicolas,

That is good news. So it brings me to my next question - to do with Paypal and ZAR. Is there a way to show paypal as a payment option when ZAR is displayed + somehow tie it to the converter, so when you select it as a payment option - it converts the currency to USD...

It would be okay in the interim if the currency in the backend is USD if we know that there will be the update you mentioned - that shows both converted currency and original currency value.

Believe in Better

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 11 months ago #202929

Hi,

This will require the edition of the Paypal plugin.

In the $accepted_currencies PHP array add the "ZAR" currency, then in the function "onAfterOrderConfirm()" add some PHP to convert the price from ZAR to USD and change the currency code to USD.

The var to edit for the price is $vars where X is the id of the amount.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds