mass actions - few question more

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 5 months ago #219940

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12

Hi

It may seems that my questions are stupid and really they are but please confirm that I am correct

I do not need more than one category and for this reason I have my all ( 3 ) products ..... in product category

1) to filter the single product I have assumed to refers to id number .... in my case 2-3-4
the question is : which is the difference between the use of filtering the product by.... price_id or price_product_id

I ask you this question because mass action does not work properly and I am looking for the correct way to filter the products.......

2) Is cron set every 15 set up correct ?

I am not sure that the mass actions works correctly ..... 2 mass actions triggering every hour the price_value that is lowered by a fixed -0.1 ...... more I set up 3 mass actions triggering (every day) which reset the quantities and prices of the 3 products to a fixed value

Consider that if I run the mass action( manually) all works fine .... the issue comes when I save and close the mass action ...... I wait the next day
results do not reproduce in a consistent way ..... sometimes the reset fails

Thanks GG

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 5 months ago #219994

Hi,

1/ price_product_id will filter on the id of the product, contrary to price_id which is related on the product price so this order depends on the order you set the prices for your products.

2/ Yes a cron set every 15 minutes is the default value in HikaShop, if you correctly attached your website to your subscription on our website so the cron should be run every 15 minutes. hikashop.com/my-account/your-subscriptions.html
Else you can use and set up your server cron to have a lower delay.

Regarding the hour for the massaction execution time, you can edit the entry of the value "massaction_last_trigger_days" in the table "#__hikashop_config" in order to set the last timestamp to midnight for example, this way the "every days" trigger will be executed at midnight.

More than that, as you have many mass actions launched at the same time, please be sure to have the latest version of HikaShop. We are still on the version 2.6.0 but we added some hot fixes recently to fix an issue which could be related.
So please download the latest package from our website and install it over your current version.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tbroderick

8 years 5 months ago #220065

Hi

Thanks for the reply

Please : one point is not clear to me .... you say :

1) Regarding the hour for the massaction execution time, you can edit the entry of the value "massaction_last_trigger_days" in the table "#__hikashop_config" in order to set the last timestamp to midnight for example, this way the "every days" trigger will be executed at midnight.

..... this example is what I need ..... anyway I am not able to point to the table that should be edited ..... "#__hikashop_config" ??

where should be the table ?

Best regards GG

8 years 5 months ago #220080

Hi,

My bad, I forgot to give some explanations, you have to use your phpMyAdmin interface to edit the "#__hikashop_config" table, and the "#_" must be replaced by your database prefix. Then in this table search for the entry "massaction_last_trigger_days" and edit its value.

8 years 5 months ago #220445

Hi

Thanks for support ....... Any way I have located the files but I did not change the config because I need to ask you for a question :
Supposing that config is what is set up of default and mass actions are set up for running every day (once for day)

1) mass action affecting the price of the product runs every 24 hours ..... I say 24 hours since last time you have saved the mass action

while ..... and this is the different way of working that I have noticed ...

2) mass action affecting the quantity of the product runs every 24 hours ..... at midnight .... I say at the beginning of the new day

????
the manage ,in a more customable way ,the whole of setting up the mass action utility it would be a great improve for the future versions of hikashop
I say to run the action at a certain .... date time ... hour time .... day time and so on .
Please keep in your todo list ..... many users could agree with this my wish.

Best regards GG

• Thank you received: 13060
8 years 5 months ago #220486

Hi,

1. No, it's 24h since the first time a mass action set on that trigger was created.

2. If you want to change when that is done, you want to modify the value of the entry with the namekey massaction_last_trigger_days in the table hikashop_config via your phpmyadmin.

3. Having an option to customize the time for each mass action would indeed by great.

8 years 4 months ago #222148

Hi
I have 3 mass actions triggered every day ... each is triggered on 3 different products
2 of 3 are triggered perfectly every day while 1 of 3 does not work at all (for getting it to work I have to run the process manually ... and in this way all is ok)
From what I read all along this thread it seems to me to understand that
A)Every single mass action runs indipendently from the others ..... on my case once a day (trigger is set every day) ....
while in the hikashop_config table I have found that there is a single value for setting the exact time I need ....I mean one configuration value for the time trigger of all the 3 mass actions.
pehaps is there some config time value in others files ? I mean a config time value for each mass actions.
I can't explain to myself why certain(2of3) mass actions runs while (1of3) is not triggered.
I have checked that all the3 mass actions are built with same setting ..... of course each is based to be triggered on different product.
Anyidea ? thanks
Best regards GG

nicolas wrote: Hi,

1. No, it's 24h since the first time a mass action set on that trigger was created.

2. If you want to change when that is done, you want to modify the value of the entry with the namekey massaction_last_trigger_days in the table hikashop_config via your phpmyadmin.

3. Having an option to customize the time for each mass action would indeed by great.

8 years 4 months ago #222154

Hi,

We have on our todo list to handle one date per mass actions, but for now it is only a global setting for each periods.

I think that you should try to update your HikaShop version, we had an issue when many mass actions were run at the same time.
In some cases, it was not using the correct element for an action but using the element of the previous action, so when filtering with the new filters the element were emptied and so nothing was changing.
The modifications were in the mass action class, function "process()", the parameters were editable.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds