Virtuemart Import Importing Categories Above Root

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #224057

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.dent247.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Virtuemart import creates categories above the root and none of the 20,000 products have been imported from Virtue mart.

Virtuemart Import Importing Categories Above the Root category. And not importing any of the products from Virtuemart, we have found no solution in the forum. You assistance would be a help. Thanks You

We have tried these forum solutions:
Deleting items from table categories, and re installed
Rebuilding the categories does nothing.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by drmh. Reason: added things we tried already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 3 months ago #224060

Hi,

I don't see why the import would do that. At least it doesn't with the default categories on our end.
You can use a mass action (menu System>Mass actions) in order to move the categories in the correct category:
take.ms/sv95f
Here, we set a filter on the category_id because all the categories we want to move have an id higher than 20, we set the category_id of the root as a filter (it might actually be 0 on your website if the categories don't have a parent at all).
And then an action to change the category_parent_id to the marketplace category_id.
Finally, after running the mass action, you can click on the "rebuild" button of the categories listing in order to fix the structure of the categories in the database.

8 years 3 months ago #224206

Hello and thank you for your quick reply. I tried your solution, but still had products not showing and only part of the categories migrated from VM.
So I tried removing and reinstalling:
I realized that the structure was really broken I just completely uninstalled hikashop removing database tables with #hikashop in it. Reinstalled and re imported so far so good. Seems everything migrated properly.

Again thank you for your help.

8 years 3 months ago #224593

Hi sorry I respond too quick that things were alright. I should have said things looked alright. Being the we have like 4000 categories it took a day to realize many categories did not import, in addition to images for the products.

Recap:
OK ran your suggested script and it moved the categories but we were missing alot categories from the original import and no products had imported.
So I ran Import again to add new elements and we were back to square one with more categories being imported and everything being above the root.

(Mind you I had no errors when using the import Hikashop tool from virtuemart)

SO I decide to do a clean install: Deleted the old installation, updated Virtuemart and Joomla 3.4.6. Reinstalled Hikashop, and did an import.

At first it look good (no errors) but then realized the images didn't import, and thats when we realized we were also missing hundreds of categories and their images.

So... I did another import to import new elements. It imported everything above the root, so now half our categories are above the root and the other half below.

This is were we are, please let me know if you need more information.

It took us months to set these categories up. Manual re-creation is not an option. Only setting up a .csv. Thank you

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by drmh.

8 years 2 months ago #225406

Any News Nicolas on why the import tools is importing categories above the root?

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds