Send email with coupon code after first order

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 11 months ago #238100

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.tiendamat.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1

I've been trying to set up a mass action to send an email to our costumer when they do their first order, with a coupon gift for a 5% discount on the second order.

I have no problems creating the coupon, but hasn't been able to create the mass action. Is there any way to do it?

Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 11 months ago #238111

Hi,

You need to enter user.user_email in the field "To address" of your action in your mass action so that the email will be sent to the customer of the order. You also want to use a trigger "after an order is updated" and a filter on the order status equal to "confirmed".

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 11 months ago #238206

Thanks for the answer Nicolas,

Just a question: I really don't understand the fields of Limitations ("start" and "value"). So putting 1 and 1 there, will only trigger on the first order?

PS: Tried to solve it by myself, but on mass actions, when you click on "help" it says "Documentation currently not available : massaction-form"

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 11 months ago #238218

Hi,

If you put 1 and 1 in them, it won't do anything.
The "start" is the position of the element after which the process will run.
The "value" is the number of elements it will process.
So suppose that you have 2000 products after the filters, and that you configured 0 and 500 (like by default), the actions will run for the first 500 products. To process the actions for the next 500 products, you'll have to change the limitations to 500 and 500, then, 1000 and 500 and finally 1500 and 500.
Or you could do it once with 0 and 2000, but then your server might not have resources restrictions high enough for the processing and it might crash.
The limitations allows for processing large amounts of elements in smaller chuncks.

PS: Thank you. We've fixed that.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds