[Solved] Product id in Url

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 10 months ago #243351

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1

Hello

I have sh404sef enabled

I attached pictures of my configuration

i used mass action [update the values] [product_canonical] and [update the values] [category_canonical]

Then i used [update the values] [ product_url]

Then i used [update the values] [product_alies]

Im stuck im still getting product id in URl

Is this something that i have to take up with Sh404sef?

Best regards

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Seans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
7 years 10 months ago #243352

Hi,

It must yes. It's either SH404SEF's cache of the SEF URLs, or that SH404SEF is configured to not use the HikaShop Joomla router.

So please check these.

6 years 4 months ago #283148

I currently have your same exact issue 100%. What did you end up doing to resolve your issue. I have turned on and off sh404sef several times and purged all sef links several times....thanks n advance

6 years 4 months ago #283160

Hi,

Did you also clear the canonical URLs of the products in HikaShop ?
Also, did you check that SH404SEF is using the standard joomla router for HikaShop ?

6 years 4 months ago #283173

Hey Nicolas,

When i change sh404sef hikashop setting to Joomla Router it no longer shows any of the hikashop product url's at all in the sh404sef url page. When i change it back to default all the pages show 100% in sef url page of sh404sef but they all show the incorrect product-id links... thanks so much for response

6 years 4 months ago #283195

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean by "show in sef url page". Do the URL work on the frontend when you do that and are they correct ? That's what is important.
Also, you didn't answer to my first question:

Did you also clear the canonical URLs of the products in HikaShop ?

6 years 4 months ago #283245

Hey Nicolas!

Thanks for response, yes I have totally removed all hikashop canonical urls from all products and yes all links are working 100% on frontend. Do i need to also remove data in the Alisa field of Hikashop/SEO setting, i have data in that field for all products. The thing I liked with canonical field in hikashop is it allowed me to have one url. If you go to revelprints.com you will see that I now have 2 urls for Binary Black Tee which I don't want. Just want all products url to simply be /men/products/productname.html - women/products/productname.html

www.revelprints.com/men/products/binaryhello-men-black-tee.html (the url i want 100%)
www.revelprints.com/technology/products/...o-men-black-tee.html

The image below shows the sef url page I am referring to that shows the weird product-id links but I am not seeing these on frontend now.

Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by 41global.

6 years 4 months ago #283291

Hi,

So when you use sh404SEF and canonical URLs you need to be extra careful :
1. If you clear the cache of the URLs of sh404SEF, the canonical URLs in HikaShop won't be valid anymore and you need to clear the canonical URLs in your products.
2. You can't directly write the canonical URL you want in your products. You need that sh404SEF first registers once the canonical URL you want in its URLs listing to be able to then set it as canonical URL in HikaShop, otherwise, the URL might not work.
3. Just setting the canonical URL in your product won't make it so that other URLs won't be generated for the product. What it does is that it tells search engines that this is the main URL of the product page, regardless of all the other URLs (and thus avoid the "duplicate content" SEO errors). If you want to stop sh404SEF and/or the Joomla sef system to generate other URLs, you also need to activate the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That way, HikaShop will always use that URL on product listings.
4. But even if you do that, if you use a third party products listing module/plugin/extension which doesn't support the canonical URL system, you might end up with other URLs being generated for your product pages (even though it won't affect your seo), and in that case, you need to check with the developer of that module/plugin/extension if you're missing something in the settings of that module/plugin/extension or if they need to change something in their code to support it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 41global

6 years 4 months ago #283306

okay thanks so much, im going to just add all the canonical links back and see what happens. Sh404sef folks said I should have never removed the canonical data from all the products. I've added 2-3 already and things are working how I want. I guess I just need to be careful of never purging the sef urls

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds