Use mass actions to send a reminder if order is not paid... possible?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 8 months ago #295657

Hello,
I have set Acymailing filters to send a reminder if the order is not being confirmed for X days,
but now I realize that this will work only if the user is also subscribed to an Acymailing list, if not Acymailing will just not find any user to send the reminder to.

So I tried to do the same thing using Hikashop mass actions instead, but when I arrive to the "send email" action it asks me for email addresses to send the email to.

My question is:
If I leave the "to address" field empty the email will be sent to the users identified by the filters that I have already set in the mass action?
And if not, wouldn't this be a nice addon so that we can set reminders directly from Hikashop mass actions?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295754

Hello,

If I leave the "to address" field empty the email will be sent to the users identified by the filters that I have already set in the mass action?
And if not, wouldn't this be a nice addon so that we can set reminders directly from Hikashop mass actions?

The solution will be to directly set "To Address" option to :

user.user_email

The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina

5 years 8 months ago #295787

is there a way to automatically convert an order from "created" to "pending" after XX days if it's not been paid?
I guess that sending an email reminder to users that have pending orders is the way to go, otherwise the reminder will go out to all orders as soon as they are created.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 8 months ago #295792

Hi,

Sure. You can have a mass action with:
- a trigger every hour or every minute
- a fitler on the order status being equal to "created"
- a filter on the order_created column being < to {time}-XX where XX is the number of seconds since the creation of the order
- an action " change status" to "pending".
note that this also require your cron task to be configured:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-cron-task.html

5 years 8 months ago #295859

The "body" field of the email action can contain html and css right?
I'd like to past there my whole code from Acymailing.

Also, I want to avoid the reminder to be sent several times to the same user, is there a way to achieve this?
I was thinking about setting the trigger to "after an order is created" instead that "every days"
could check if my mass action settings are generally right? see: nimb.ws/Z7q1JO

Thank you!

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by oloccina.

5 years 8 months ago #295866

Hi,

I think you can add HTML to it. However, you won't be able to add the code of AcyMailing newsletters. You can but it won't work properly because the tags of AcyMailing and all the other auto replace AcyMailing does won't be done by the mass action system. I would recommend to start from scratch the body of the email.

In your mass action, you're using > instead of < for the order_created filter. Because of that, it will do it for the orders being created less than XX days old instead of more than XX days old.

Note that we're currently working on a plugin (that we will release with the next version of HikaShop) which will add a proper order and cart abandoned feature to HikaShop, with nice emails you can customize via the System>Emails menu like other emails of HikaShop.

5 years 8 months ago #295895

Thank you,
what about this:
I want to avoid the reminder to be sent several times to the same user, is there a way to achieve this?
I was thinking about setting the trigger to "after an order is created" instead that "every days"

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295915

Hello,

I want to avoid the reminder to be sent several times to the same user, is there a way to achieve this?

Sure, setting the trigger option to "after an order is created" can do the job.

It shouldn't notify your customers several times for the same order as, after triggering your mass action, it will change order statuses to "Pending", and email are only sent for "created" orders.

Best regard,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #298876

Hi,

Note for anyone looking at this thread in the future:
The order reminder plugin I was talking about previously has been released here:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/241-reminder-plugin.html

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds