Mass actons triggers: some clarification needed

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 4 months ago #301278

Hello,
I have some confusion about the "after an order is updated" trigger (my settings: nimb.ws/Nf5awE )

If I set this trigger for an action, I would expect the action to be executed as soon as the order automatically passes from "created" to "confirmed" when the client pays for it. But this doesn't happens.

So maybe it only works when the order status is being manually changed by an admin?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #301283

I changed the trigger to "every minutes"
and added more actions here are the new settings ( nimb.ws/MmENA4 )

I tested by manually visiting the cronjob url, the cronjob exec message is there but this mass action is still not being executed.
What am I missing here?

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 4 months ago #301281

Hi,

I don't see why that mass action wouldn't work unless your payment plugin doesn't save the status change through HikaShop like we recommend and instead directly modify the order status in the database or something like that.
It's also possible that this mass action isn't called if you use a payment method like PayPal Pro, or Authorize.net in AIM mode where the order is directly created with the confirmed order status. In that case, you would want to also add the trigger "after an order is created".

And regarding the second mass action I don't know. If you manually click on the "process" button with that mass action, does it work ?
And if you don't have one filter or the other, does it work with the cron task link ?

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

5 years 4 months ago #301324

I don't see why that mass action wouldn't work unless your payment plugin doesn't save the status change through HikaShop like we recommend

I am testing with a free product, so no payment plugin is involved. I put the product in the cart and purchase it to test, but it' free and there is no payment. Maybe this is a problem?

And regarding the second mass action I don't know. If you manually click on the "process" button with that mass action, does it work ?

no it doesn't

And if you don't have one filter or the other, does it work with the cron task link ?

Not tested yet, will do more tests later

Thanks

5 years 4 months ago #301338

I further tested by simplifying the action, changing the order of the actions, deleting some of them. Nothing seems to work.
The only thing that could cause problems is that I am testing a free product (but the order is being generated correctly) and that the product has variables (I am testing by purchasing a variable)

5 years 4 months ago #301327

Hi,

Well, the first thing is to test the mass action with the "process" button. If that doesn't even work, there is no way that the mass action would work with a trigger.
I would guess that your problem is that the product id you entered is the id of a main product, but you're actually buying a variant of that product with a different product id. And that would explain why even with a manual trigger (the process button) it doesn't work.

5 years 4 months ago #301381

I would guess that your problem is that the product id you entered is the id of a main product, but you're actually buying a variant of that product with a different product id

That's exactly what is causing the issue, thank you!
I solved by changing the filter order_product_name and inserting part of this product name
now the action works :)

My only doubt is: since this action changes the order status from "confirmed" to "gift" (so I can identify the order easily in the orders list), but after sending the gift to the client I have to change the order status back to "confirmed", will the action be triggered again and change it back again to "gift" ? In this case maybe it's better if I change it back to a status like "gift confirmed" to avoid any issue...

Current settings: nimb.ws/yMVHE7

Thank you

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by oloccina.

5 years 4 months ago #301383

Hi,

Yes, it will change it back to "gift", so it's better to use another order status in that case.

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds