Using Mass Action for SEO Section (Keywords, Meta, Brand, etc).

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #308180

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I just cannot seem to get this to work, so I have to be doing this wrong, as I have been trying to do mass updates on a test site and it doesn't populate.

I'd like to use the Mass Action to apply descriptions in some of the key SEO fields such as:

Brand URL
Meta Description
Keywords

Is there a way to do this? For instance...

I have a MAIN category called Iron Wind Metals, I'd like to fill in the Meta Description with some text on ALL items in that category. How can I do that?

Or...the same MAIN category Iron Wind Metals, I'd like to fill in the Brand URL across all items in that category, but I just cannot seem to get it to populate. How can I do that?

Lastly, I'd like to enter some Keywords in certain SUB categories for that same MAIN category Iron Wind Metals. Anything I enter doesn't seem to hold using Mass Action...so I have to be doing this wrong.

Some guidance and examples of what I should be doing would be appreciated. I think what is throwing me off is how the entries are worded in the drop downs of the mass actions...as well as WHAT mass action should I be using.

Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 9 months ago #308200

Hi,

It's all that is possible.
For the first one for example, you'll want to create a mass action of the "product" data, with a filter "category column" on the column "category_id" equal to the id of the category "Iron Wind Metals" and an action "update the values" on the column "product_meta_description" equal to the string "your text". Then, once you click on the "process" button, the "your text" text will set in the meta description of all the products of that category.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #308381

Sorry Nicolas...for some reason I was subscribed but did not get notification for this answer. I'll try that in the coming few days...thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds