Update Caractheristics not working as thought

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 1 month ago #340426

-- url of the page with the problem -- : testdev.growunder.com/sinalplus/index.php
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.28

Hi Nicolas,

How are you doing?

My client remember to add a new characteristic to their products and thought to use Actions or Mass Actions. She checked all the products she wanted and click on Actions, then she choose update characteristics and selected the only new characteristic to add.

The problem was that the Action created a combination from that characteristic with all the others instead of creating only variants of that characteristic. This broke the website with 500 error.

I tried Mass Actions and it was the same.
Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 4 weeks ago #340433

Hi,

Well, the characteristics/variants system's goal is precisely to create combinations of values of characteristics which we call variants.
So if a product already has a characteristic and you add a second characteristic to it, the result will indeed be variants of the combination of both characteristics's values.
So unless I'm missing something it seems to work as it is supposed to, no?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 4 weeks ago #340494

Hello Nicolas,

Sorry for my explanation, I thought the problem occur when it was a new product but now I was testing and I found out.

So if it's a new product the actions button works fine but if you edit the product and delete all the characteristics and save. Then if you do another action to add a different kind of characteristic it will create variants with the new and the old characteristics.

I did a gif so you can see it.

Thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 4 weeks ago #340495

Hi,

Well, I can see in your gif that you've deleted the variants of the product before using the action, but you also need to remove the characteristics under the "specifications" section of the main product tab.
Otherwise, the characteristics there will still be taken into account. It's just that the system thinks you didn't add yet any variants for the characteristics already added there.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 weeks ago #340594

Thanks Nicolas, you're the man. That's it

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds