• Thank you received: 10
10 years 2 months ago #145971

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0 Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Is it possible to NOT send an order confirmation email to the customer (I should still get mine as admin)...but only send the customer an email when their order has been CONFIRMED with payment?

It seems they get an email with confirmation, then when their payment is processed and confirmed.

I'd like them to get just 1 when I have received their payment and applied it.

Pam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
10 years 2 months ago #145994

Hi,

The customers will indeed get two emails by default. The order creation notification which tells them that the order has been created, before the payment, and the order status notifications which tells them that the order has been confirmed.
You can enable/disable them via the menu System>Emails in the Business edition.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 10 months ago #160484

I am using the Business Version of Hikashop, I don't see an option for me to turn off the order creation email. Here's what I see. Do I just delete the email address currently in "Order creation notifications email address".

I only want to send a confirmation email upon payment. I don't want to "order created" email.
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 10 months ago #160490

ivorymoose,

You are looking under System -> Configuration, which is not where you'll find it.

As Nicolas wrote, look under System -> Emails instead.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivorymoose

9 years 10 months ago #160501

Hello lousyfool...., :)

Thanks for the reply. I found the systems --> email. However, when I set the order creation notification to un-publish and don't send HTML, the confirmation email is not automatically sent. The good thing is "order creation" email is not sent.

I have to go into "Orders" and manually set the status from "None" to "Confirmed" before the confirmation email is sent. Then, the most disturbing thing is that when I do this, HikaSerial's gift certificate (Coupon containing QRcode and serial) is not generated for the purchase. :unsure: ........

the Hikaserial mystery continues.....I changed the status in Orders from Confirmed back to None, the buyer receives another confirmation email, and this time, the serial and QRcode is attached! The status is set to "None".

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by ivorymoose.

9 years 10 months ago #160598

Hi,

If the status of orders is "none", it means that there was a problem with the payment notification when the order should have been confirmed and that's why you didn't get the second email (you'll only get the email when the order is confirmed), and it's not related to the fact that you disabled the first email.
Could you do a screenshot of the history of that order ?
Also, make sure that you selected "confirmed" for the "verified status" option of your PayPal payment method.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ivorymoose

9 years 10 months ago #160627

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply. The confirmation email is now working properly. :) My Paypal confirmation status was set to None. :(

Hikaserial is also behaving like it did before. The serial and QRcode is attached to the confirmation email although my Hikaserial settings isn't right but that is a separate issue for the HikaSerial thread.

Thanks
Ivy

8 years 5 months ago #220813

Hello,
I am using HiakShop Essential. With Essential, is there any possibility of only sending the confirmation email when they have made a payment via PayPal? Our first customer was confused by the order creation email and thought it meant the payment had automatically been taken from her PayPal account.
Thanks in advance.
Anne

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 5 months ago #220842

Hi,

The email management is only possible in the business edition of HikaShop.
You can still edit the emails via ftp or edit the database directly.

8 years 3 months ago #227765

Our company is small with no need for a vast majority of the upgraded components of HikaShop Business. We currently have HikaShop2.6.1.
However, efficiency in managing orders is essential-- so we really need to modify the emails to do two things:
(1) ONLY send the payment confirmation email (not the order creation email); and
(2) INCLUDE the SHIPPING METHOD (i.e. UPS ground, UPS 3-day, USPS, etc) as well as ALL the other details of the order.
We have selected "send details" so Shipping Cost, Shipping Address, etc. are showing up in PayPal's confirmation email, but nothing about Shipping Method. Background code shows SHIPPING as 0.
I am very reluctant to edit background code but would really appreciate some coaching to solve these problems!

• Thank you received: 4005
8 years 3 months ago #227783

Hi,

1 - so you just need to unpublish the creation email in the HikaShop emails.
2 - The selected shipping method is display in the HikaShop emails, like the selected payment method.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 3 months ago #227801

Sorry to be dense, but I don't find an opportunity to unpublish any specific email. In System>Configuration>Main>Emails you can find the email addresses to be used for creation email and for payment confirmation email. Other forums have cautioned against just removing the creation email address.
I don't have HikaShop Busines so i can't go to System>Configuration>Emails-- it isn't in Essential. So how do I unplublish creation emails?
As for the Shipping Method, PayPal does not receive this information. PayJunction does receive it. I don't know why HikaShop does not interface with PayPal the same way, but using F12 on my keyboard I can see that it isn't sent to PayPal.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 3 months ago #227854

Hi,

Indeed the email management interface is only available on the Business edition of HikaShop, so what you have to do is edit the emails via FTP and add code to not process them.
This require php knowledges.

8 years 3 months ago #228789

I realized you said something important in your first answer to my question:
"2- The selected shipping method is display in the HikaShop emails, like the selected payment method."

Actually it is displayed in three emails:
1) the order creation email to the buyer,
2) the payment confirmation email to the buyer and
3) the order creation email to the seller

But it is not included in (4) the payment confirmation email to the seller.

Why is it not included in our payment confirmation email? Can this be changed, so that all order details are included? I am talking about the HikaShop payment confirmation email that is sent upon confirmation of payment, no matter which payment method the buyer chooses.

A reminder- we use HikaShop Essential (not Business). Thank you for your patience.

8 years 3 months ago #228828

Hi,

That email is sent by the payment plugin when a payment notification is received. It's not an order notification like the other emails and can't be personnalized like the others.
The simplest in that case is to just add your seller's email address in the "BCC" field of the "order status notification" email which is sent to the customer upon order confirmation. But that's only possible via the menu System>Emails of the Business edition, so you can't do that with the Essential edition.
You could always modify the code of the plugins to add additional information to the payment notification email but it's not easy. It would be much easier to just upgrade and use the BCC setting.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds