Customer download updated digital resource some time after orginal purchase

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 10 months ago #293766

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8

Hello,

I have a client that does workshops that people book and pay for online. My clients comments:

I am hoping to do webinars which would be live but also recorded, so people could register for the workshops, and then receive the recording in case they missed the live event, and then later I could sell it as a webinar recording.

So it would be good to look at something that means once the client has paid they can then download a file, or get an access code to see the recording somewhere on our website or another website so we can control the access.

I was thinking that Hikashop could be an option setting it up as digital download. Question is, if a person purchased a ticket for the workshop and we set it up as a digital download. If my client uploads the recording to the shop for sale after workshop completion will the people that have already purchased the ticket be able to download updated resources at least for a period of time?

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 10 months ago #293792

Hi,

There are ways to got about it.
I think the best and easiest would be:
You'll have first one product A to purchase the ticket to the workshop.
And you'll have a second product B to purchase the access to the recording.
So after the workshop, you would create product B and add the recording file in the "files" area so that it would be available to the customers of that product after the purchase.
And you could add the recording file to the "files" area of product A so that the people who purchased that product could also access the file via their download area on the user control panel of the frontend.

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 10 months ago #293916

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, that is probably the best idea, separating the two. when you add the file to the download area for people that have already purchased and attended the training course, will they need to create an account on checkout to be able to access later?

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 10 months ago #293931

Hi,

That's indeed the case. They won't be able to access the download area (a place which lists all the files they have access to based on what they purchased previously with their account) without an account.
However, you could also send them again a notification email after the workshop with the "email" button of the order details page in the backend. That email would contain a download link which would work even for guests.
Also, if they use the link to access the order that was given to them at the end of the checkout and in the emails they received when the order was created / confirmed, then that page will contain the download link after you add the file to the product.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lt635

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds