Pre Order option with deposit?

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 10 months ago #294389

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8

First, let me say i think Hikashop is a great e-commerce software!

As my needs changes, Im looking for a way to configure a pre order option for products which will be available in stock in the future and charge a deposit, once item in stock i will charge the entire amount
any help would be highly appreciated

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 10 months ago #294409

Hello,

I think that you can to fit your needs create a checkout workflow, without any payment method (or shipping method).
This will allow to your customer to create order without payment and to select options to establish a quote for example.

But that means that you have to manually process the second step as payment, order validation, and shipments yourself via email to customer or else, but from your message I don't know if that's was this kind of order managing you have in mind but can't be sure of it.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Philip.

5 years 10 months ago #294434

thank you replying me.
The thing is, i need to accept payment for already available items.
other items which will be available in several weeks time frame should be available for pre order.
Also i want the customer to pay deposit for their purchase. the rest, once we have product ready for shipping.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #294465

Hi,

Note that you can also use this plugin:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/109...rder-by-obsidev.html
It allows for purchasing out of stock products.
Note however that the payment is made immediately.
If you don't want to charge for the items immediately, some payment methods have an "instant capture" (authorize.net) / "enable valiadtion mode" (paypal) which will validate the transaction when the customer enters his credit card, but won't capture the money until you validate the transaction in your merchant account.
That's what is often used to charge the money only when you ship the goods.
However, they usually don't allow the possibility to capture a percentage of the transaction first, and then another later. So I don't think you can do exactly what you're talking about, or you'll need to have the customer come back to make a payment again, or you'll have to store the credit card of the customer to be able to charge it a second time. In both case however, that's not a usual workflow and thus will require some plugin coding.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kfir86

• Thank you received: 94
5 years 9 months ago #294466

You can use this third party extension, Invoice Manager, to do what you need: extensions.joomla.org/extension/invoice-manager-for-hikashop/

It allows you to accept partial payments on HikaShop orders and basically lets you separate the issue of payment from the order status completely if needed.

We have used it as part of a complete Order Management System for one of our clients who needed to take purchase orders, deposits, etc. for payment on orders. The HikaShop order status is used to keep track of things moving through her production line and then later when they are shipped, while payment issues are handled in Invoice Manager.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, kfir86

5 years 9 months ago #294668

Thank you nicolas and PublishedGeek. these two extensions would work for me and do the job

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds