Payment notification not being sent

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 2 months ago #302293

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

We are using Authorize.net and orders are being processed and marked as complete (having been paid); however, the Payment notification email is not being sent since we upgraded to 4.x.

Order creation emails ARE being sent.

Payment notifications are set to send to a different email address than Order creation (sending to fulfillment house to send products).

I've confirmed that the Payment notification email is published (and Email history is set to Yes).

In the email history is shows the order creation notifications and an order status change (i.e. order...is now confirmed) being sent out, but no order payment notifications.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 2 months ago #302334

Hi,

Do you use the AIM or SIM mode ?
And could you provide the full version of HikaShop you have as displayed in the HikaShop configuration including the build number ?

5 years 2 months ago #302373

We are using the AIM mode.

HS version: business 4.0.1_2018-12-21_17-02-22

5 years 2 months ago #302395

Hi,

Ok, and which version of HikaShop were you using before the update ?
Because between HikaShop 3.5.1 and HikaShop 4.0.1, I don't see any change which could be linked to the payment notifications or Authorize.net
Checking the code, I think that the issue comes from one line of code which was apparently inadvertedly removed from the Authorize.net plugin in 2014. But that would indicate that your previous version of HikaShop was really old.
Try to add the line:

$this->response_code = $response_code;
before the line:
switch($response_code) {
in plugins/hikashoppayment/authorize/authorize.php and that should help.
Please let us know how that goes.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
5 years 2 months ago #303053

I have same isue with JDideal. Payment notification not send toi customers. This is already for 2 months or so. Can't figure it out. Can I use the solution mentioned here?

HikaShop Business: 4.0.1

I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by gasoline.

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 2 months ago #303082

Hi,

JD ideal is not an official hikashop payment plugin, and so as this code isn't ours we can't help you.
Please contact the developer/support of this plugin.

Regards,

5 years 2 months ago #303116

I understand but the order is set to confirmed, but the mail is not send. Is that not a HS issue then?

I'll keep on trying!

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 2 months ago #303119

Hello,

While it is indeed HikaShop which sends the email, the email is sent if the payment plugin tells HikaShop to send it when it's confirming the order.
So it's likely that the problem comes from your payment plugin, unless you've actually disabled the email in "System > Emails".
Check that and if that's not it, please do what Nicolas suggested you : contact the developer of the plugin so that they can check it out.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 1 month ago #303581

The emails are published, so should be send. I contacted the developer (JDideal) and they investigated it properly and thoroughly. Also the logs show they paymnet confirmation is shot to Hikashop, but the mail is NOT send. Also in backend I can see that the order is paid (confirmed). The other mails, for example order creation are send. But the mian thing and important one, confirmation off payment (confirmed) is NOT send. I'm really confused now. Because it worked well till some time ago.

Only thing that is changed that we added your ¨HikaShop Purchase Order payment plugin" some time ago. Can that have an influence, because that one did not work well and then you changed some code for me which I tested. That change is added to the last version form HikaShop.

I'm at a dead end now and really don know what to do now.

To be clear:
ADMIN receives a email that order is paid
CLIENT does NOT receive a email that order is paid

For the record, we use hikashop without login, so all orders are by guests.

I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by gasoline. Reason: Last line added for clarification

5 years 1 month ago #303590

Hi,

Change the order status of an order in the backend and check the "notify user" checkbox. Do you get the order status notification sent to the customer ?
I suppose yes, and thus everything is correctly configured in HikaShop and it means that when the payment plugin calls the modifyOrder function of HikaShop or the save function of class.order, they don't set the email notification parameter where it should be.
The payment notification email uses another parameter so it's independant from the order status notification email. This means that even if the payment notification email is sent, it doesn't mean anything for the order status notification email.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you'll have to check with your payment plugin provider.

5 years 1 month ago #303674

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Change the order status of an order in the backend and check the "notify user" checkbox. Do you get the order status notification sent to the customer ?
I suppose yes, and thus everything is correctly configured in HikaShop and it means that when the payment plugin calls the modifyOrder function of HikaShop or the save function of class.order, they don't set the email notification parameter where it should be.
The payment notification email uses another parameter so it's independant from the order status notification email. This means that even if the payment notification email is sent, it doesn't mean anything for the order status notification email.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you'll have to check with your payment plugin provider.

Hi Nicolas, I already contacted them and everything is fine. Appearantly after I setup the ¨HikaShop Purchase Order payment plugin" (Thats from HikaSHop) the issue arised. Nothing else have been changed on the website.

Everything works as expected ONLY the client does not get the confirmation mail that his order is finalised)payed).

But I managed to get something aout know with the new HB 4.02, but the confoirmation mails is not filled. Looks like this:

I did not change anything, why is this? Again, this system people do not register, only order as guest.

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by gasoline.

5 years 1 month ago #303682

Although we were originally having similar issues to 'gasoline', all of a sudden we started getting notification emails without problem.
However, we now get duplicate notices (both the order created and the order confirmed) even when the supplier's email address is only in the 'confirmed' box. And our client is getting copies of emails that aren't addressed to them (should only be going to us- developer).

There is definitely something wrong with the HS email system after the December update. Everything was working fine for us and after that update all emails are really messed up.

There are TONS of different places where emails are configured in HS - too many to even track down - esp. with no clear documentation of all the places to configure. We'll just have to live with it unless/until the client gets tired of it and we have to look at other options.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline

5 years 1 month ago #303681

Hi,

@gasoline:
So, if you disable the ¨HikaShop Purchase Order payment plugin" you activated, do you still have the problem ?
If so, it doesn't come from it. And I don't think it does.

And did you try to do what I proposed ?

If this works then the process to send the email notification in HikaShop works on your website. So what's left is the payment plugin.

Now, if you do get the emails, but they look like in the screenshot you provided, then the issue is not with the payment plugin. It looks like an issue with overrides. open the folder media/com_hikashop/mail/ and check if you have any file with the word override it it. If so, try to rename these files to disable them and see if that helps.

@cpaschen:
There is no reason something in HikaShop would be able to do what you describe. If the emails were not sending and then they are, without you changing anything, then it's not a problem on your website but likely something happening on your mail server (the one of your hosting probably).
Now you're saying that the emails are duplicate. We would be happy to help if you can provide more details, but please, as this is not the same issue as this thread, please open a new thread if you want us to investigate. There, please provide a screenshot of the duplicate email you're receiving, and a screenshot of what you have for the same order in Customers>Emails history and the details of the duplicated email there.

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

5 years 1 month ago #303820

Hi Nicolas,

I thoroughly investigated and use hikashop and other for as long as Joomla excists. I made sure there are no changes and use the original Hikshop design of the mails.

The email is send to customer (payment notification) but the info is not injected in the mail. The mail is empty. I definitly looks like it must be a hikashop issue. Iḿ working weeks now on it and really can't figure it out anymore. I use the 4.0.2 files of HS.

Is it possible I give you superadmin login to have a look yourself to check what the real issue is here?

Regards,
Marc

P.S> the only thing I changed is the !!!! after ORDER TITLE, just to see which maildoc is send.
All other mails Order created, and mails to admins (created and Payed) work well.
PPS
You can place a order yourself (test so no real payment necessary):

This message contains confidential information

• Click 'INSCHRIJVEN"
  • Fill in orderform and check red bar (= accept general condfitions)
  • Click VOLTOOIEN
  • You will be directed to payment page, choose a bank and as option (testarea) click the option PAID and after that BLUE button CONTINUE
  • Order is finished and youĺl receive the mail.

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by gasoline. Reason: Link and explaination to place order for testing

5 years 1 month ago #303822

Hi,

As far as I can see, this indicates that the email HTML has been changed incorrectly.
We can have a look yes. Please provide a backend access along with a link to this thread and we can check the emails override.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 1 month ago #303907

As far as I can see, this indicates that the email HTML has been changed incorrectly.
We can have a look yes. Please provide a backend access along with a link to this thread and we can check the emails override.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Thanks Nicolas,
I send you a message via the contactform.

I'll keep on trying!

5 years 1 month ago #303937

Hi,

I checked the email overrides on your backend and it doesn't seem to come from that.
I was also able to reproduce the issue on your website with the "preview" button of the order status notification email. So There is a really low chance that it would be linked to your payment plugin.
Could you also provide a FTP access via our contact form ( and not disable yet the backend access ) so that we can look into it deeper ?

5 years 1 month ago #304017

I checked the email overrides on your backend and it doesn't seem to come from that.
I was also able to reproduce the issue on your website with the "preview" button of the order status notification email. So There is a really low chance that it would be linked to your payment plugin.
Could you also provide a FTP access via our contact form ( and not disable yet the backend access ) so that we can look into it deeper ?

Hi Nicolas,
I send you the information with your contactform.

I'll keep on trying!

5 years 1 month ago #304024

Hi,

Thank you for the access.
I was able to find the issue and fix it. I've also added the patch on our end.
The issue was that the preload of the order status email wouldn't load properly if you had configured different HTML versions per status in the email but not different preload versions per status in the order status notification. And that was precisely what you had done.
The order status notification email is now displaying fine on your website. And for anyone with the issue, you can just download the install package on our website and install it on your website to get the patch.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline

5 years 1 month ago #304123

Thank you for the access.
I was able to find the issue and fix it. I've also added the patch on our end.
The issue was that the preload of the order status email wouldn't load properly if you had configured different HTML versions per status in the email but not different preload versions per status in the order status notification. And that was precisely what you had done.
The order status notification email is now displaying fine on your website. And for anyone with the issue, you can just download the install package on our website and install it on your website to get the patch.

Hi Nicolas,
I made copy of livesite and setup testsite form that. Installed Hikashop over existing installation and did some testing. That is working now how it should ;).

Did the same after that for the livesite and informed my client. I assume the livesite will be working fine now also. I asked them to keep me informed.

Keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help.

I'll keep on trying!

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds