Multiple Orders

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #304055

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2

This has happened several dozen times. A customer will make an order, then immediately return to the store and make a subsequent order (usually within minutes). Not sure if they can't figure out to how to add multiple items to the cart or if they're making a last minute decision to make another purchase. Either way, the second order email to the customer (and to me) does not get generated. The orders go through fine. Is there something I can do to correct this or is it a bug? We receive a lot of calls from concerned customers that they didn't get the email receipt for their second order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 1 month ago #304057

Hi,

I've never heard of such issue.
We also do get orders where the people comes back from the payment gateway only to go there again and thus gets a second order.
However, the email notifications are sent properly.

The first thing to do is to check the emails history in the menu Customer>Email history in the backend of HikaShop.
If you see the emails there but they don't reach the customer, then it means that the issue is either on your (your hosting ?) email server or the recepient email server. The email might be rejected because of spam rules as another email with almost the same content and the same from and to was just sent/received.
I think that's the most likely scenario here.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #304068

The emails are not created at all. It's not that they're not sent. They are not being generated if the same customer comes back within a short period of time and makes a second order. We have very high traffic times, and this has not been an issue with different customers making orders within a short period of time. It only happens when the same person comes back to buy something shortly after making an initial order. It seems to be within minutes or hours. If they come back after several hours or the next day, for example, the emails are generated just fine. I, the administrator, do not get emails for this second order either.

I've attached a screenshot to show where an individual made three orders on 2-21-19. The shop only generated two emails (66 and 68). You can see where I manually sent an email for the third order (67) the next day when I noticed it in my financials.

It is becoming a hassle because we're having to field phone calls from concerned customers, go in and manually generate sales emails, and in this case ^ I had to refund the third order because the customer only wanted two items not three.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 1 month ago #304106

Hi,

The cause is definitely not the fact that a previous order was created. At least, in HikaShop's core code, there is nothing which would do that.
If the email doesn't appear in the email history, then it indeed means that it wasn't generated. In that case, the most likely cause is that the page processing crashed before the email could be sent but after the order was created OR that a plugin turned off the email notification flag.
Just after the order is created, and before the email is sent, the only thing there is is a call to the trigger onAfterOrderCreate so that plugins of the groups 'hikashop', 'hikashoppayment' and 'system' implementing that trigger can act upon the creation of the order.
So I would recommend reviewing these plugins. The fact that a previous order was created might help trigger a malfunction in one of these plugins for some reason. If you have custom plugins or third party plugins integrating with HikaShop, I would suspect them first since no one else reported a similar issue.
Also, the best thing would be to check whether or not you are able to reproduce the problem consistantly. If you are, then that's great. Unpublish the most likely plugins one by one and reproduce the problem). If you don't get the problem while one plugin is unpublished, then it must come from that plugin.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds