Sorting by price in backend items list is not OK

• Thank you received: 9
4 years 11 months ago #306004

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31

Hi!

I'd like to ask for some advice as I'm trying to sort our items in the backend hikashop items list by price, but unfortunately the items not sorted correctly. Any advice to solve that problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
PePe

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 11 months ago #306005

Hello,

In the backend, the product are stored via the value stored in the "product sort price". It's a standard price generated on the default currency, for guest users, for a single quantity, without any tax or discount.
If you do have special prices or discounts, the sort might looks incorrect even if it's not really.
In order to provide good performances, we generate and use that "sort price" so we don't have to process all product prices of your store (which could be huge) to then perform a sorting.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 8 months ago #308182

Jerome, I have a similar issue. I have sorted my category listings using the 'product sort price' and I've added a sort by price filter too. I am seeing issues with discounted prices. Is there no way around this? It's important to show the actual lowest price in my opinion. Why can't this be added as a new feature?

Thanks.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 8 months ago #308201

Hi,

The problem is that different users can have different discounts. And the "product sort price" is calculated in the backend when you create/edit the product and there is only one sort price for one product.

Now, you can use mass actions to change the sort price to whatever you want. If you create a mass action with an action "display the values" with the product_id, product_name, price_value and product_sort_price, once you process the mass action, you'll get a table where you can double click on a cell of the sort price column and change it to whatever you want and the fiilter will then take that change into account.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds