suggestion: option to set a starting number when "reset frequency" is in use

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 11 months ago #306380

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3

i want to suggest the option to set a fixed numerical value when the feature "Invoice number reset frequency" is turned on.

i want to start on very reset on a higher number, for example a fixed number, lets say 55. so if my order and invoice id number resets very year the first invoice number of the next year would be 56.
right now i have to modify the database to get this done. would it be possible to extend the reset feature with such a option?
I think that would be a simplification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 11 months ago #306382

Hi,

That seems really specific to your needs.
Why not setup a mass action with a trigger "on before order update", with a filter on the order_invoice_id column being 1 and an action "update the values" on that same column with the value 56 (and I suppose an action on the order_invoice_number to update it as well) ?
That way you would get that done automatically, without having us add an extra option almost no one would use.

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 11 months ago #306390

sounds interesting and would be ok for me. but does this mass action only take action when the order_invoice_id is 1. do i have understand this right?

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 11 months ago #306394

Hi,

That's right. That's because when the reset occurs, the next order invoice id is 1 again. And thus you can catch it at that point and set it to the value you want.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds