Notification emails - Order status

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306552

Our site suddenly stopped sending notification emails to customers, in my efforts to fix this the system has now stopped sending to my client now, I am getting them as I added my address so I could monitor site. Is there a guide somewhere to set up email notifications and troubleshooting email issues. This is driving us nuts and client is concerned he will miss orders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 11 months ago #306566

Hi,

First, check if the emails are listed in the Customers>Emails history menu.
If they are, it means that HikaShop is generating the emails and sending them to the email server of the hosting. So in that case, the issue is probably with the email settings of the Joomla configuration. So you'll want to check with your hosting, look at the email server log for errors on these emails to know why it's happening. It could also be a spam issue where the emails are actually sent, but the receiver email server blocks the emails. So you can test them with www.mail-tester.com/
If they are not, it means that HikaShop is not generating them. It can be for various reasons:
- they are disabled in the menu System>Emails
- the emails are customized in a wrong way (check if there is any customization of the emails in System>Emails).
- the orders status is not changed to "confirmed" by the payment plugin which leads to the order status notification email not sent. So in that case, the issue is with the payment plugin settings that you want to check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds