Specific discount

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 7 months ago #310286

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

Hello.
I am interested in a specific type of discount, in which the customer gets a discount of certain percantage of the total order price, and this persantage is different for each amount of total order price. For example:
50$-99$ - 2% discount
100$-199$ - 3% discount
200$-299$ - 4 % discount, etc.
At first I thought coupons might work out, but then again I can only link it with the minimal order price, not the maximum order price. Or is there some clever setting of coupons or discounts in HikaShop, that can make what I would like to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 7 months ago #310289

Hello,

You'll find a solution through that thread if you want to limit your discount to a maximum order price :
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...-discount.html#75313

Also, note that if you create multiple coupons with different percentages, Hikashop will choose the one with the highest discounted value.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad Boch

4 years 7 months ago #310305

Hello Mohamed.
I read the linked thread and it doesn't really answer my question.
1) We didn't install any shipping methods yet, but as far as I understand, yes I can restrict them to minimal and maximum price, that is convenient, but where exactly can I link it with the discount percent on total order value and will it actually work out the way the discount is intend to? How will it look on the order checkout?
2) As far as linking the discount to a limit, I see a problem. Firstly, I would have to create several flat categories to all my products and the limits will most definitely conflict each other, not mentioning that the last scale of discount is restricted only by minimal price and I don't see any discount percentage in Limit's interface, as well as I can't see what does the Value column refer to - minimum or maximum.

Could, you, please, clarify me a bit more?

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 7 months ago #310315

Hi,

The important information that you need to take from Mohamed's answer is this:

Also, note that if you create multiple coupons with different percentages, Hikashop will choose the one with the highest discounted value.

So you can do what you want with the coupons feature in HikaShop.
You don't need to set a max for your coupons. Once the cart subtotal amount goes over the the min of a coupon with a higher discount percentage the cart system will automatically switch the auto loaded coupon to the better one.

4 years 7 months ago #310344

Hi nicolas.
Now I see what Mohamed was trying to say. So what we now have to do, is create different coupons and let the customers know, that they need to use coupon on checkout, if their order price is corresponding.
Thank you for noting this information. I will try to implement the coupons and see how it goes.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 7 months ago #310349

Hi,

No, the customers don't need to do anything if the "auto load" setting of the coupons is activated. In that case, the cart system will automatically load the best coupon corresponding to the different restrictions you have in the auto loaded coupons, and it will swap with another if something changes in the cart which lead to the current coupon not being available anymore or if a better one is available.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad Boch

4 years 7 months ago #310422

Hi, nicolas.
Thank you for noting me this fact, I finally saw this setting option. We still would need to inform our customers for marketing purposes, but the auto load of the coupon makes it a lot easier for the customer. I highly appreciate your help.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds