Dublicate orders for some customers.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311210

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.38

Hi,

Recently our project started to have duplicate orders. The orders are submitted to hikashop at the same moment. It just starts happened in this September. In the beginning, we thought it was caused by the partial points payment, and we switch it into full payment, the problems still happened. Do you have any idea? some screenshot attached for your reference.

Thank You。

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 6 months ago #311213

Hi,

It could be that the customer clicked on "finish" at the end of the checkout, went to the payment gateway, and there clicked on "cancel", went back to the checkout, and clicked on "finish" again before doing the payment.
In that case, you would get a "created" order and a "confirmed" order just after. It could well be in the same minute.
We have of lot of these on our website. For example, we got one today:
monosnap.com/file/r7iCXXP6qDCIDEIELNCnESveLutUae
You can see the customer did a lot of back and forth before changing the payment method and finishing the payment with the last order.
So it's highly possible that it's nothing you can do on your end. Just the customer having trouble with your payment gateway (because of the 3Dsecure, or the PayPal account), or he just wants to confirm or change something.

4 years 6 months ago #311231

Hi Nicolas,

It seems a bit weird since the website already ran for a few months, only this month started to have this issue. And what if the point payment? Since point payment should confirm immediate right? How come point payment also come out duplicate orders? The point was deducted twice... And we check the database, the duplicated order was created right after the first order created. Do you have any idea?

4 years 6 months ago #311238

Hi,

Indeed, based on what you've shown in your new screenshots, the difference is only of 1 second. Not enough for a human being to do that and it should indeed no happen with the points payment method since the payment is done immediately.
So here are other possibilities, supposing that the second order was created automatically:
- I see that you have HikaMarket. HikaMarket creates sub orders for the different vendors of an order. So you might be looking at an order and its sub order. Or it might just be a glitch of HikaMarket as I see that your HikaMarket subscription expired and you might not have a recent HikaMarket on your website which might not work properly with HikaShop.
- It could be a mass action not working properly. If you have any on the "order" data try to disable them temporarily.
- It might be an integration with another extension not working properly.
- Also, if you have custom plugins you developed for HikaShop, it might come from that.
Could you provide a screenshot of the "history" of both "duplicate" orders so that we could have a better understanding of the situation ?
In fact, if you could provide a screenshot of the whole order information (you can hide/remove the address information) that would be great.

4 years 6 months ago #311264

Hi Nicolas,

1. this project does not have HikaMarket installed, it should not be the reason.
2. we do not have any mass action yet in this project.
3. currently only have payment gateway integration in this project.
4. we have a custom plugin, installed since last year, to handle the product price in cart and order. Not sure is it related, I have attached the plugins
5. order details are attached for your reference.

4 years 6 months ago #311265

Some more attachments.

4 years 6 months ago #311276

Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't see anything on your screenshots. It seems that you've reduced their size and it's too blurry to read anything.
Could you please provide them so as we can read what's written in them ?
Otherwise, please provide a backend access so that we can directly check on the situation on your backend. That might be even better. That way we can check other things on your website.
You can send the access along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

I checked the plugin and I don't see a problem with it.

4 years 6 months ago #311304

Hi,

I got the access.
I checked the situation on your website, but I was not able to reproduce the problem myself and I didn't see anything strange in your backend.
Are you able to reproduce the issue yourself ? If so could you provide precise step by step instructions ?
If not, could you maybe ask a customer with the issue what he did ?

4 years 6 months ago #311863

Hi Nicolas,

We got the video from the customer, and we have send to you via your contact form. Kindly check for it. Thank You.

4 years 6 months ago #311868

Hi,

Thanks.
Well, I did the same steps as the person in the video and I don't have the issue. Only one order was created after going through the checkout in the same way.
Are you able to reproduce the issue yourself ?
Could it be that the problem only occurs if you have specific products in the cart ? Are you able to reproduce with the exact same products as that customer ?

4 years 6 months ago #312096

Hi Nicolas,

We are not able to reproduce the issue as well.
I have tried using the exact same products, address as the customer used and purchase, still cannot reproduce the issue.

4 years 6 months ago #312102

Hi,

Then I don't see how the person was able to do that. Especially that there are some protections in the checkout of HikaShop to avoid duplicate orders by blocking the "finish" button and even the whole checkout interface.
Could it be related to the browser of the customer ? Like for example if javascript is disabled on his browser or something similar ?

4 years 5 months ago #312580

Hi Nicolas,

Is there any phone features have the possibilities to reproduce the issue? For your reference this customer using Huawei Mate 20, using Chrome. It seems javascript is enabled since we can see from the video, the button was disabled after click.

4 years 5 months ago #312591

Hi,

Blocking the javascript on the page would indeed be a potential reason to be able to click on the finish button several times. But as you said, this is not the case as we can see the javascript doing its work on the video.
So I don't know.
I don't know of anything else which could allow for that.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds