Shipping cost when ordering two different products

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 10 months ago #319654

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ceciliehjorth.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0

Hi Hikashop!

Thank you for this forum that has helped me find answers to many questions.

I have an issue I will love to find the solution for. In my shop I am selling books. I have the books in different languages. If a client orders two or more books of the same language to be shipped to the same address, they only have to pay one shipping cost (which is how I want it). However, if they order two books of different languages to the same shipping address, they have to pay shipping cost twice. I have looked around and have not found the answer to this. What do I need to configure so that the shipping cost is the same regardless of the amount ordered of the books in different languages?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #319670

Hi,

It will be hard to say what to do without first knowing how you configured your shipping method(s).
Could you provide some screenshots of that and some instructions to be able to check the situation on your website ? I checked but didn't find a way to add a product to the cart.

3 years 10 months ago #319748

Sure! Thanks for getting back to me.

You didn't find a way to add a product to your cart? Hmm that's not good xD I have had orders so it works, but let me know what didn't work for you.

I'm not sure exactly what screenshots to send you. But here you have of the spanish shipping.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #319774

Hi,

Well, I didn't see any menu item when I arrived on the main page of your website and the only button was the "contact" button, while I was looking for a "shop" menu item or a product listing or a category listing.
Today, I checked your website again and I can see that if I click on that contact button, I can then see the menu area at the top with the shop menu item.
I would recommend to have that menu also display on your homepage.

Regarding your issue with the shipping being charged twice, that's because you have configured different warehouse for your products. So on the checkout, the products are grouped by warehouse and a shipping method has to be selected for each group. That's why you have to pay the shipping fees twice. Since you don't want that, I would recommend deselecting the warehouses you selected in your products so that they all are in the same shipping group.

3 years 9 months ago #321195

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for your reply!

I am not sure I fully understand what you explain. From which device are you viewing my website? I see all menu items from all devices.

About changing the warehouses... The thing is I have a different shipping price for each. Won't this get mixed up if I put them all in to one?

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 9 months ago #321210

Hello,

About changing the warehouses... The thing is I have a different shipping price for each. Won't this get mixed up if I put them all in to one?

Well, If you have different warehouses and shipping methods for your products, then different prices will be applied for each warehouse during the checkout.

Can you tell us how you exactly want your shipping methods to work ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CeliaH

3 years 9 months ago #321376

Thank you, I managed to figure it out :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds