Email Template For Orders That Are Cancelled / Refunded

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 7 months ago #322855

Is the "Order cancel" email template for customers who cancel their order? If so, which template can seller use to cancel an order and refund a customer?

I don't see an appropriate one that can me used in this case.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 7 months ago #322864

Hi,

That "order cancel" email is sent to the administrator when the customer clicks on the button "cancel" of his order from his orders history.
That's supposing that you've configured HikaShop to allow customers to cancel their orders, which isn't the case by default.
The email used to notify the customer when you change the status of an order to "cancelled" from the backend with the "notify user" checkbox checked is the "order status notification" email. Note that you can configure it differently for each order status thanks to the "per status override" buttons you can find when you edit it via the System>Emails menu.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 7 months ago #323144

Hi,

You said: Order Status Notification = Email used to notify the customer by the website owner when an order is cancelled. When I change the status to cancel, the email displayed for my "Order Status Notification" is the one that is sent to the customer with their order number and tracking number.

I'm confused cause from what you indicated this does not sound like the right one.

When is the "Order Notification" email sent?
When is the "Order Cancel" email sent?

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 7 months ago #323163

Hi,

The "order notification" email is sent to the customer when you use the "email" button on the order edition page in the backend.
The "order cancel" email is sent to you when the customer click on the "cancel order" button on his order details page on the frontend, if you've activated that capability.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds