WorldPay plugin issue?

• Thank you received: 4
3 years 7 months ago #322965

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : various

I have two payment plugins, PayPal and WorldPay. The PayPal works fine however, when a payment is made via WorldPay hikashop does not seem to recognise a payment has been made. I would be grateful for any assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1777
3 years 7 months ago #322970

Hello,

Can you please give us more information about what you mean by :

when a payment is made via WorldPay hikashop does not seem to recognise a payment has been made

And also show us how you configured your worldpay payment method through some screenshots ? Thank you.

3 years 7 months ago #323004

I have attached some information from WorldPay. Can you please advise me if the plugin is sending this information?
Also, what does the Notification Hostname do?

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by srtdesigns.

3 years 7 months ago #323009

Hello,

Your issue is probably coming from the fact that payment notifications are disabled in your configuration.

Also, can you tell us which worldpay payment plugin you are using ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 7 months ago #323118

Thank you for your response. I apologise for not replying sooner as I had not seen your reply. I have attached some screenshots to see if that helps you to advise me how to resolve this issue which is stopping me putting my site live. Many thanks.

Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #323134

Hello,

Another had the same issue with that payment method and found a solution, you can check it through that thread :
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/payment-m...-page-403-error.html

I removed the .htaccess file and it worked. I'll look at the reason in more detail!

If you are still having that issue, can you take a look at your server log in order to understand what and why you have a 403 ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

3 years 7 months ago #323161

If you remove this file it takes away all your security etc. which is a big NO NO. I did this just to try and my site does not work without it, all that you can see is the home page. Please assist further.

• Thank you received: 13021
3 years 6 months ago #323166

Hi,

What is the content of your htaccess file ?
Could you provide it ?
The htaccess serves two main purposes on a Joomla website:
- to have SEF URLs without the index.php in the URLs. If you remove / rename the htaccess file while you still have the SEF URL rewrite setting activated in your Joomla configuration, all or most of the SEF URLs on your website won't work anymore.
- to add extra rules to block bots / spammers / hackers. Such rules are not by default in the htaccess provided by Joomla. If you added such security rules, they might be linked with the 403 error

Another potential issue I can see is that your website has some menu items with a restricted access level, and since that plugin doesn't provide the Itemid parameter in the callback URL, your Joomla might select such restricted menu item for the processing of the payment notification, leading to a 403 error as the payment gateway server is not logged in with the correct access level.
To avoid that, try changing the line:

$vars['MC_callback'] = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment=' . $method->payment_type . '&tmpl=component&lang='.$this->locale;
to:
$vars['MC_callback'] = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment=' . $method->payment_type . '&tmpl=component&lang='.$this->locale . $this->url_itemid;
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/bf_rbsbusinessgateway/bf_rbsbusinessgateway.php
That will add the Itemid to the callback URL and it might help.

3 years 6 months ago #323191

Email sent with content of the .htaccess file. Thank you.

• Thank you received: 13021
3 years 6 months ago #323192

Hi,

I indeed see a lot of things that aren't there in the htaccess Joomla provides by default.
I see a whole block you have with the title "##### Common hacking tools and bandwidth hoggers block -- BEGIN"
with a list of user-agents to block from access the website.
While most of them are find, some could be problematic.
For example libwww-perl or PECL::HTTP or pycurl or libwww or Java are just library names. If the developers of WorldPay used one of these for their server and didn't set a custom user-agent for their notification server, it's possible that the payment notification server would be blocked by your htaccess.
I would recommend to temporarily replace your htaccess with the default htaccess of Joomla and try again.
If it works with the default one, then it will confirm that it comes from one of the rules you've added to it.

3 years 6 months ago #323230

Working with Akeeba (Admin Tools) to see if we can sort out the .htaccess file. Will keep you posted.

3 years 6 months ago #323264

Hi, Just to let you know this is now working. A mammoth task of going through 163 user agents to see which one was causing the issue. I tracked it down to the JAVA one. Thanks for your assistance.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds