Points Total Not Updated

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323450

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9

Hi

I have a clients site where a customer has made a purchase and used points to make part of the payment. However when checking, the points have not been deducted.

Order status is set to confirmed. After the order was confirmed the client applied a a status of Confirmed/Ready.

If the order status is changed would this add the points back onto the order?

On the order status the confirmed has the radio button confirmed checked. On the confirmed/ready this is not the case, please see the screenshots.

Thanks

David

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
3 years 7 months ago #323457

Hi,

You need to edit the settings of the user points plugin via the Joomla plugins manager:
monosnap.com/file/POBd2HXPSvE4bMFhI1hseh3VudJXw9
There, you'll see a "valid order statuses" setting.
There, you can enter the list of order statuses to take into account to give the points to the customer.
I suppose that this Confirmed/Ready order status is not listed there.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323536

Hi Nicolas

the payment plugin itself has a Verified Status of Confirmed. The client gets the points added to their account.

An order was placed and the customer used points to make part of the payment. I would have expected this to remove the points or are you saying I also need to add the statues to the points plugin so that points are deducted if used?

Thanks

David

3 years 7 months ago #323547

Hi,

I think I read your message too fast. I thought the issue was that points were not gained after an order, and not that the points were not deducted when using points for the payment.
In that case, could I get a screenshot of all the settings of your user points payment method so that I can better a better understanding of the situation ?
And what is used as the payment method ?

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323563

Hi Nicolas

screenshots attached.

The rest of the payment was made using PayPal.

Thanks

David

Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #323568

Hi,

I don't see anything out of place on the screenshots.
I think I'll need to check the situation directly on your backend.
Could you provide an access to it along with the order number of an order with the issue via our contact form ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323577

Hi Nicolas

I have sent the info

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323686

Hi Nicolas

I sent over details as requested last week and just wondered if you had been able to look at this for me?

Thanks

David

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 7 months ago #323710

Hello,

Please double check your references you sent us, so far we have an error message when we try to use it.
regards

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323733

Hello Nicolas

Do you meant the login details?

Thanks

David

3 years 7 months ago #323785

Hi,

We received your backend access and were able to check your settings.
I think that the issue might be related to the "Valid order statuses" setting of the user points plugin (via the joomla plugins manager), which is empty instead of containing "confirmed,shipped".
I've changed it for you and it should hopefully work better.
Please check if that helps.
If not, then we'll need a FTP access and precise instructions to reproduce the problem on your website (with a 100% coupon code and a user account with points for example).

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323816

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the update. I will check this and get back to you if I need to.

Thanks

David B)

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323861

Hello Nicolas

this hasn't worked and there is a very odd behaviour too.

I created an order and then used the points as part of the payment. The points were deducted but on order created (Using the Check payment plugin). I then updated the order to confirmed/ready via the admin and the points were added back on. Finally I updated the order this time to just confirmed and it added 20 points back on not the full 50.

I will now send over FTP & site login details so you can take a look please. This is quite urgent as the site is live.

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #323971

Hi

I just wondered if this has been looked at yet?

Thanks

David

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 7 months ago #324169

Hello Nicolas

I am very disappointed in the lack of response to this post and the issue with points deducting and then being re-added. The lack of a reply really does not inspire confidence in the Hikashop component.

I sent over login info and details via the contact form I followed this up approx a week ago again via the contact form and also 12 days ago on this forum. I have an unhappy client and no response from the you or anyone else from the development team.

If further information is required can you please update this post or email me direct via the email address I used on the contact form.

Thanks

David

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 6 months ago #324173

Hello,

We were unable to get the root issue and so we processed a deeper analysis, especially in your back-end configuration and maybe there are think that can leads to your current issue, but can be sure of it, follow me step by step :
1. We don't find this order Status ("Confirmed/Ready") in your order statuses listing.
2. Note that in your Hikashop UserPoints Plugin, and in the "Valid order statuses" field you have to enter the Namekey, not the Name.

3. Can you provide a detailed step by step process on how do you test that your points is added AND deducted, and so we can
reproduce ourselves on your website, and we insiste on the fact that your step by step have to be detailled, to check that the way you want to use
it fit your backend configuration please.

Awaiting news from you to better to get the root issue.
regards

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 6 months ago #324186

Hello Philip

Thanks for your reply. The order status had been changed by the client and I was not aware of it, sorry.

So just to clarify. Every order status that is used needs to be in the points plugin using the namekey to prevent the points being added back on?

In brief when the order was first placed & confirmed the points were deducted, when the status was changed they were added back on again. If you can confirm the above point I will carry out another test. If this still doesn't resolve it I will create a screenshot video so you can see what the steps are.

Thanks

David

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 6 months ago #324215

Hello,

The "valid order statuses" setting of the plugin must be configured only if you do have special order statuses as "confirmed" orders.
But, if in your HikaShop "order status" configuration, you do have the "invoice" state for all status which are valid for the points ; best is to let the plugin setting empty.

The other point is that you need to enter the order status "namekey" in the plugin settings.
I don't think that your "Confirmed/Ready" status do have that namekey set-up in HikaShop ; maybe something like "confirmed_ready" instead.

When dealing with order statuses, we prefer to use a namebox selector (like in the HikaShop configuration panel), but that setting in the points plugin should be let empty most of the time and is really there to handle very specific cases.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 6 months ago #324241

Hi Jerome

as you can see from the attached screenshot there a number of order statuses. You can only set one confirmed.

So are you saying all of the other order statuses should be in the plugin or none at all? So does invoice need to be ticked for the relevant statuses so that the points are not credited back?

Basically what has happened is after the order is paid and confirmed via Stripe or PayPal the points are deducted. However when the status was changed to Confirmed/Holding (Namekey confirmedholding) for instance the points were added back to the account.

Thanks

David

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by davec.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 6 months ago #324483

Hi

It is now over a week and yet again I have not had a response to my last post. Not only that but the information given seems to conflict.

Over 3 weeks ago I was told the following by Nicolas:

"I think that the issue might be related to the "Valid order statuses" setting of the user points plugin (via the joomla plugins manager), which is empty instead of containing "confirmed,shipped."

I then had a reply from Philip telling me to use the namekey. Then 2 days later a reply from Jerome telling me to leave it empty. The screenshots I sent after that reply indicated that I have a number of specific Order Status options.

The topic was started 5 weeks ago and to date I am no closer to getting it resolved. Not only that but I have a client asking me when this will be fixed. I did provide admin access and steps to replicate the issue via an email. If that wasn't enough then I cannot understand why I wasn't contacted?

To be honest I am very fed up with the lack of communication. Can one person not take hold of this problem and work with me to get it resolved?

Thanks

David

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds