The order status was not changed

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 6 months ago #325001

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.toysarama.co.uk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22

Hi

My client has contacted me advising that he received an email about an order with the following message

A Paypal notification was received with the status . The order status was not changed.

The order had already been confirmed and the status was updated manually to Pre-Order Confirmed

In the order status list this is ticked as invoice.

Just wondered if this has been encountered before and of you may have some advice?

Thanks

David B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 5 months ago #325008

Hi,

Well, if the order status had already been changed manually, this could indicate that the payment was authorized but not captured immediately. And thus the payment notification would have arrived later on, either if the merchant had to manually confirm the payment on his PayPal merchant account, or if PayPal had a delay to validate the payment (it can happen for payments made not with a credit card or the PayPal account's balance, but with an echeck or a bank transfer (through paypal). In that case, several days can separate the payment and the validation of the payment and thus the notification happens only several days later, at which point the merchant might have already manually confirmed the order.

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 5 months ago #325087

Hi Nicolas

thanks for the reply.

The order was confirmed via the usual process and then the site owner updated to one of the order statuses he uses. The email he recieved contained the following:

This message contains confidential information

I have also attached a screenshot of the history

Thanks

David

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 5 months ago #325089

Hi,

I would recommend to check the IPN history in the PayPal merchant account.
It should list all the payment notifications made to the website, when they were made etc.
If the notification is not listed there for that order for the time when you received the email, it's possible that someone tried to send a fake notification for that order (not likely though). In that case, there are protection mechanisms in place to have modifying the order if it doesn't come from PayPal. Still the system would still send that email notification to the shop owner so that he can check things out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: davec

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds