status of an order after copiying

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #325848

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hi,

When I copy an order in the backend, the status of the copied order is not "created", but has the same status as the original order. Most of the time this is the status "shipped". It's not really logical to have the status "shipped" for an order that has just been created.

Is it possible to set the status of a copied order to "created" as default?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 5 months ago #325854

Hi,

What you can try is create a mass action with a trigger "before an order is created" with an action "update the values" on the order_status column with the string value "created".

• Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #325910

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer. I understand your suggestion, but it looks like a workaround. What is the reason to give a new order (a copied order is always a new order I suppose) the status of the existing order? It seems not logical to give a new order the status "shipped" when it's created?

3 years 5 months ago #325926

Hi,

The reason is simple. It's a copy and normally a copy is supposed to be identical to the original.
Now, you didn't say why you're copying orders, so I suppose it makes sense in your case to reset the order status but that might not be the case for other uses. You seem to be trying to use that "copy" function as a "reorder" function. Is that the case ? Could you explain why you're copying orders ?
There is actually a "reorder" button you can activate so that customers have a "reorder" button when they look at their order so that they can easily purchase things they already purchased in the past.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #326046

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, your right in assuming that I use the copy button for reordering. The thing is that we sell personalized products and the product the client is purchasing a next time is almost always another design. The request will come to us through email. So in that case, we reorder in the backend (as a service to our client). The only quick way to do that is by copying the former order from this client.

I was assuming that was also the function of the order copy option?

3 years 5 months ago #326058

Hi,

Well, in Joomla it's standard that on any listing of data, you have a "new", an "edit", a "delete" and a "copy" button.
So we implemented these buttons in a similar way so that people arriving on a listing of data of HikaShop are familiar with the interface from the get-go.
So the "copy" button on any listing (be it in Joomla or HikaShop) will generate an identical copy based on the original element. For example, the "copy" button of the products listing won't empty the name of the product name, and the copy button of the Joomla articles listing, won't empty the title of the article. But in most cases, when you do a copy of these elements, the first thing you'll do will be changing the name/title.
So likewise, I don't see it "correct" to by default change the status of the copied order.
So the goal was not to use that button as a reordering button. That was actually added on the frontend for the customer to do it by himself, as I was saying in a previous message.
But I can see that it indeed almost fill in the role of a "reorder" button.
Now, having an option to set the status of an order after the copy could be done. But we already have too many options in HikaShop. That's why I would recommend to just create a mass action if you need to often use the "copy" button as a "reorder" button.
It will do the job for your use case, and other merchants won't have an extra option that the large majority will never need to change.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #326107

Hi Nicolas,

Ok, I understand your point. I will create a mass action. Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds