Virtual product - download problem

• Thank you received: 15
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327868

Hello,
there is such a problem. Virtual product (pdf file). I buy, I get an email with a link. I open the email through the Chrome browser (important), click on the link and nothing happens, but the download counter is counting. If I open the link from the e-mail in a new browser window - the purchased file is downloaded correctly.
Why is there a problem in chrome?

Is it possible for a confirmation e-mail to be sent after purchase, with the file attached (and possibly a link to this file)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 3 months ago #327875

Hi,

It could come from the settings of your Chrome browser. I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my end.
Are you able to reproduce the issue on Chrome on another computer ?

It's not possible to attach the file to the email sent (it could be done with custom coding, but there is no option for that). The main reason why we don't allow for it is that usually it's not a good idea. Sure it's practical for the customer, but it increases the probability of your email ending up flagged as spam and thus the customer not seeing the email at all. Also, if you sell big files (bigger than 2 or 3 MB), the emails will likely be rejected by some email servers due to the limits in place on their end. So if you can, it's best to not have any attachment in your emails to guarantee a better deliverability rate of your emails.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328092

Good morning,
I have the same problem.
It does not work using Google Chrome from multiple computers.
It doesn't work with Windows computers and with OS X

Giorgio
www.app-easy.it

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 3 months ago #328150

Hi,

@giorgio73:
Please provide a backend access, a download link from a test order you made and the corresponding user account credentials so that we can reproduce the issue.
Also, I see that you're using an old version of HikaShop. So it could be a bug that we already fixed on our end.
I would recommend updating your HikaShop and see if that helps as there is no such issue with the latest version of HikaShop as far as we know.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #328155

Ok
I'll try to do the update
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds